Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annastaciaballerina

New faucet help? Need some ideas

Annastacia
3 years ago

Hi, I am finishing up my kitchen project, and I am not feeling my faucet selection...This is currently the Riobel Vento, but I am just not sure if it is working...any ideas? I will take other suggestions for finishing this project as well!

Comments (15)

• Peter Barnard
    3 years ago

I would go much more traditional with your faucet and probably look for ones that are bigger. You have a large room and most of your appliance pulls are pretty large, so the faucet feels under sized. Also, it doesn’t stylistically match your lighting or your stove, which are very prominent.

• Keepthefaith MIGirl
    3 years ago

A bridge faucet would work with the style but you'd be punching more holes into the counter. If you want to stay with one, look for vintage or farmhouse style with a lever that matches the stove handles?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

You can get your shutters open?

• decoenthusiaste
    3 years ago

Something like this might work better; beefy and darker colored. I like the hand spray option too.

Pull Down Pre-rinse Spring Sprayer Kitchen Sink Faucet with Deck Plate, Matte Black · More Info

• herbflavor
    3 years ago

there is a lot of detail here and there in your space. Around the window space is one such bit that you composed : with the light fixture......shutters.....backsplash...large farmhouse sink. I think I would employ the next thing i see......which is display in those upper cabs and leave the faucet well enough alone. the light fixture above the sink has just the right amount of "draw".....if you increase what is going on w a different faucet the light will not look as simply elegant . Personally...just finish using the upper display cabs as they are intended ..enjoy what you have above the sink and around the window . If the faucet has a function problem thats a different question .

• PRO
    Kingston Brass
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi! Your kitchen is gorgeous! A suggestion for a bigger faucet in an expansive space like yours would be a bridge faucet which would require additional installation steps or a traditional pull down faucet that may add better dimension. Another option could be adding some décor around the sink area, greenery, accessories (soap dispenser), etc, this option would utilize your current faucet choice. Best of luck!

• M Miller
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I do not agree with the advice here to change out to a bridge faucet. It would mean you'd have to call back the countertop fabricator to cut more holes in the sink- if he'd even come for such a small job. And, after going through that trouble and expense, you'd have a faucet that needs two hands whenever you want to adjust the temperature and whenever you have to turn it on and off.

Your kitchen is a traditional design, but your current faucet is quite contemporary. That is the upshot. You need a more traditional faucet, and a more beefy faucet. I recommend the Kohler Artifacts. It is beautiful. It also has 3 sprays - regular spray, berry spray which is gentle, and sweep spray which sprays in a fan shape so that you can spray a dinner plate in one sweeping motion, done. Its head has a very ergonomic feel when you handle it. The Artifacts faucet is also one of the few Kohler faucets left that is still made in Kohler, Wisconsin, rather than outsourced to other countries factories.

• Susan Murin
    3 years ago

Love the faucet above recommended by M Miller.

• Annastacia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, the Artifact is really nice, I like it a lot! In the chrome? Someone asked about the shutters, yes I can open them, they have a side hinge I can pull if I want, but I rarely do. I really don’t like the size of the window, but such is the restrictions of renovating a house, with a pre-determined layout! Originally, I chose the very simple modern one, because I was worried there was too much going on in the sink area (As some had noted, lots of things going on there) However, seeing it together, I do think it needs to be pumped up, and I’m glad others see it too! I have been looking at the Gantry faucets, but I am worried its going the other way, and becomes too much?

• Annastacia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here is another perspective of the kitchen...Its an L-Shape, so hard to get it all in one picture!

• Janet Campbell
    3 years ago

I’d love more details on that gorgeous kitchen! What kind of stove, what is the flooring? Thanks.

• kculbers
    3 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful❣️Faucet selection is a matter of your personal taste. I personally like simple designed faucets and chose a Koehler Koi faucet that I researched extensively. I like me your current faucet. Attached is my faucet.

• jeri
    3 years ago

Also a fan of your kitchen. Would you mind sharing? What color of white paint are on your cabinets? Island cabinets? Island stone? My vision for our kitchen is just like yours. 😊

• felizlady
    3 years ago

If you can open the shutters without bumping the faucet, leave it as-is for now. Your kitchen looks bare with nothing on the counters. Bring out your usual accessories. Changing the style of your faucet to a bridge faucet would require drilling a second hole and you may not be able to center the faucet on the sink.

• Annastacia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help! I ordered three faucets, the Artifact in Chrome, Moen Paterson, and the Moen Weymouth, and I am going to look at them in all to determine which I “feel” the most. There are some questions about my kitchen, I will answer here :) The range is La Cornue, and the steam oven and convection ovens are Miele. The white cabinets are BM Chantilly Lace, and the island is BM Iron Mountain. The outer counter tops are African Nero Granite in wire brush finish. (Highly recommend! They feel like stone linen, and literally indestructible!) and the center island is Maldives Quartzite. Flooring I cannot unfortunately recall, and backsplash tile is Gatsby in Tin finish. Here are some more angles I took today :)