Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871172027

What color are these granite countertops?

Sandy
3 years ago

Are these baltic brown. They do have some silver type specks in them.

Comments (14)

• Tia M
    3 years ago

I could be wrong but that looks like Silestone Quartz (Home Depot). I am not sure of the name.

• vinmarks
    3 years ago

If it is granite it looks more like tropical brown.

• cat_mom
    3 years ago

I agree with vinmarks. It looks like Tropic(al) Brown to me, too.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3 years ago

It really matters not what it is called. Stone yards sometimes select names that are not totally correct. What is the reason for your question? Do you have this granite? Are you looking for it? The best way to find what you're looking for is to go to the stone yard and see the slabs in person. It looks to be a very generic type of stone, so it should be readily available.

If you really want to learn about any stone, see if you can contact Karin Kirk, she is a geologist who has helped many Houzzers with her incredible knowledge. karin_mt is her user name

• PRO
    Morningstar Stone & Tile
    3 years ago

It looks like granite for sure and @Diana Bier Interiors, LLC is correct on how names vary from stone yard to stone yard. Quarries and Distributors do this all the time. A new picture showing more of the material would be helpful.

• Sandy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you everyone. I apologize for not making a bigger picture I thought close up would work best. Not sure if these will help.

• Sandy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

JuneKnow What do you mean "granite transformations" look? The builder told us these were granite when we bought.....I knew nothing about granite when we bought and I am just now learning so much. Are you saying these pieces were put on top of something to make it look like granite but really the stone is on maybe wood underneath?

• latifolia
    3 years ago

Not an expert - at all - but what are all the seams? The top looks so thin, it almost seems like tile. It would never have occurred to me that a "slab" of granite could be like this.

Did you have the opportunity to go to the stone yard to pick out your slab? Was this a starter home?

• Sandy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I thought it was strange to have those seams. This was put into a new build that we bought unfortunately not seeing in person but thru pictures and our realtor ........lesson learned.

• Sandy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This was in the description of the home "Desirable 2 Story Home On Large Lot. Den And Office On Main Floor Featuring Hardwood, Granite"

• vinmarks
    3 years ago

It looks like granite tiles to me.

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    3 years ago

They are granite tile, probably 12x12 in size, you can see the seams on the front of them.

• Chessie
    3 years ago

I would say that is exactly what it is - granite TILES, not granite counters. Hard to believe that a new build would use crap like this.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

JK nailed it. It's the thin engineered stone laminate.