indy49

Help with new home on a budget

Indy

My family and I will be moving into a new home beginning of May!
Problem is, I am on a tight budget for decor and don't know exactly how to combine what I have in mind for our kitchen and living area.
The kitchen has yes, brown cabinets, stainless steel appliances and mixed brown granite countertops. There's a regular sized island for the sink and dishwasher where on the other side you can fit 2 bar stools. The floors of the house are going to be a laminated greyish brown. More on the gray side. Lastly, it's an open concept plan. I have to work with what I have for now and not going to change the colors of the kitchen or the flooring.
I currently have and will be bringing our 6 month old dining set. It's white and dark brown, farmhouse look.
Question: For the island: I'm not sure what type of style barstool and color to buy? Maybe contemporary?
For the living room:
I would like to combine a loveseat leather recliner (or separate recliners) and a sleeper fabric sofa. I'm struggling with what colors to select that would harmonize with the homes colors??
I was thinking of IKEA for the fabric sofa but not looking fwd to the assembly. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
Any pictures and suggestions would be of great help!