Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citress79

Cooking with Advantium or speed oven

Wendy Schmitz
3 years ago

I’m in the midst of a kitchen remodel and I have landed on a 36” Bluestar gas range and plan to get either an Advantium 5-in-1 (120v) or speed oven (Bosch, Miele etc). I’ve been reading about the two types of combi ovens but still don’t know how each fare with the types of food I normally cook. I know I want speed, particularly on things like frozen chicken nuggets for my kids (currently takes about 20-30 mins in my regular non convection oven to get crispy), and frozen tator tots currently takes around 30-40 mins. What modes would I use on the Advantium - precision cook or just convection bake, and how much faster would it be? Same question for speed ovens? Other things I cook in the oven frequently are salmon, roasting vegetables etc.

If I cook with convection bake + microwave, will my food turn out tasting good? Conventional wisdom tells me not to cook raw food with microwave, since it won’t taste very good.

Conversely what types of food taste good with convection microwave cooking - I guess that’s mostly reheating of food?