jamaal_mckenzie9

What's going on with my Philodendron Giganteum??

Jamaal McKenzie
4 days ago
last modified: 4 days ago

Hey guys - So I purchased this beautiful Philodrendron Giganteum not too long ago. I brought it in, isolated it, wiped it down with some neem oil and water mixture, and let it sit and get acclimated. Now, it was doing seemingly well until I started spotting these tan spots everywhere. I thought nothing of it - fast forward a few weeks and I'm not sure what happened. The leaves look like something is eating it but I've checked this plant for 45mins at a time, day and night, constantly, and not a pest in sight safe for the occasional gnat. It's like...it gets the tan spots and then the entire plant just starts to recede or burn away. It gets dry at the tops and then they crack and just slowly die away in bits and pieces with no trace...?!? It's really weird and I'm struggling to figure it out. Another reason why I don't think that it's a pest (Slug or thrip, etc) is because, in moving it early on, I forgot I had a part of it tied to the railing, for support. I pulled, it pulled back, and snapped off. I was sad BUT I dropped it in water and it's not fully rooting BUT the same thing is happening to that leaf IN WATER! Nothing, but water, on the opposite side of the house, away from any other plants, surrounded by books. So...I'm at a loss. The only constant I see here is misting. Could that have something to do with this at all? I've got 6 new leafs growing on Thorin (my giganteum) and they are as healthy as can be and I would love for it to stay that way. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment (1)