SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
jessica_shephard66

needing help with the flow of my downstairs

Jessica Shephard
28 days ago

I need some help with the flow of my space! My long hallway goes into my open kitchen and living room! I love modern, glam, transitional. I need to keep my kitchen table and chairs, counter stool and the light fixture! I also just got the velvet counter stool so I would love help just making it allll work. I’m also not afraid of color/texture,etc!

Comments (84)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

For blinds you want inside mount and no wood valance just the valance that comes with it attached at the top of the same woven shade you pick..like this...

if you like the idea of some light coming through no liner needed..I like the look of more opaque black so mine are lined...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Any accessory ideas / changes to the living room?? The walls are so tall!!

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    26 days ago

Is the ceiling fan a must have? A chandelier would look amazing!

You need to add the woven shades into the living room....it will create great flow.
    What color is the fabric on sofa and love seat?
    New pillows are needed
    Table lamp
    Coffee table?

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Add the same color woven shades I assume? The fan isn’t a must have. I don’t use it unless I am cleaning. The fabric on the sofa is close to denim ... I think. Im not sure what to do on the huge wall space behind the TV.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    26 days ago

When you say denim you mean the fabric type? is color grey?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    26 days ago

Yes same woven shades in Living Room.

so many directions you can go in for pops of color in pillows..

just a few ideas

what are your fav colors?

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    26 days ago

Those lights look like a tattoo I have ! Lol I like greens (not lime), pistachio and blue!
    I love the lamp and the black pillow!!! Can you link it, please

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    26 days ago

The last mood board is probably most like me color wise. I also just like abstract color/kind of street art vibes.

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    26 days ago

In the kitchen I have these

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    26 days ago

Yes they are sputnik style lighting they are very wide..35”-50” so they have a big design impact and are budget friendly...will mix really well with your kitchen dining light...have a very cool vibe to them..

Oh I love those colors...I will keep looking for something to coordinate with the black and white pillow..it is one of my favorite designer fabrics.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    25 days ago

Found some pillow options..some are designer fabrics so can be a bit pricey...but with the black and white you only need to add one fabulous accent pillow...we can add pops of color in art around the TV media area...and add a thro blanket on the sofa....is the tall directors chair staying?

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Probably, yes staying on the chair but I’m totally ok getting rid of that chest on the side of the sofa... I don’t love it 🤣

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    25 days ago

Yes I would remove the chest completely and not put anything on that side of the sofa...I would add a large square end side table between sofa and love seat....big enough to accommodate a good size lamp and books beverages when in use..you need a coffee table too!

• PRO
  • Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Would I just pick one of those
    Patterns to go with the black pillow?? Or one of each from the set??

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    25 days ago

I always thought the space was I guess too small for a coffee table!

• Theresa Janssen
    25 days ago

follow

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    25 days ago

Yes you could do two of the black and white and add one of the print you love on the sofa..and than add one other print with a throw on the love seat...we could look for a lumbar for loveseat if you like that idea better..

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    25 days ago

Measure from front of sofa to front of tv? Let me know

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    25 days ago

It’s 83.5inches from the front of sofa to the front of the tv stand

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    25 days ago

I think these are the three...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    24 days ago

Or these three... lol

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    24 days ago

Good morning

some of the pillows are designer fabrics $$$ we should get the budget set...what is the budget for pillows on sofa and love seat? Than we can narrow it down quick..most of the pillows are sold as a cover with zipper so you would need to get down inserts too...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    24 days ago

I was thinking MAX $175 for the pillows. Could I just put the covers over my pillows now ??

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    24 days ago

What type of insert are they? If just poly I would switch to down or alternative down they are so full and fluffy it is what makes a average pillow look like a designer pillow...Amazon is great so user for them.

ok so may need to shop for different pillows..sorry budget is always so important should have asked first..I love pillows and they can make or brake a space..I consider them a piece of art or jewelry for the room...

no worries I will come up with a couple new options..what do you think about just a big lumbar pillow and throw blanket on Love seat and than 3-4 pillows for large sofa?

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    24 days ago

Lumbar pillow and throw totally fine! ☺️ I think they are poly ... so insert it is !

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    22 days ago
    last modified: 22 days ago

Here are some pillow covers that fall within your budget...take a look let me know what you think...they don’t necessarily all go together but pick a few you like and we can find the best mix.

I have a few more..I will post....

• cubby14
    22 days ago

excuse the butting in, Julie I love the bottom left pillow in your last grouping. could you tell me the source for it?

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    22 days ago

Cubby14
    Here you go! It is fabulous...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    22 days ago

I most definitely love the bottom right - the palm one!

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    22 days ago

And I think I love how the one to the left of it looks too (half black half white one) not sure of what other would flow well...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Can you link the palm looking pillow, please?! I def love it 😊. Also, between the couches a black side table or what color do you suggest? Right now I think the small circle one is walnut to match the TV stand.

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    20 days ago

This is what’s there now

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    20 days ago

Hi Jessica

here is the pillow..I would order and see how it looks in the room...the quality I am not sure of...I have never ordered from Society6....love the print so worth a try...than once you decide on that one we can look for a couple more that will compliment it!

For end table look for black...I would try to get a square larger than what you have now.

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    20 days ago

Jessica what is the size of the end table you have now?

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    16 days ago

I think I want to paint the huge wall behind the TV a color... I chose these for the pillows (waiting on them to arrive) any thoughts on wall color ? Sherwin Williams Pewter Green SW 6208??

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    16 days ago

Other wall color thoughts: Sherwin Williams Rosemary?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    15 days ago

Hi Jessica

sorry I have been sick and than my daughter and son in law surprised us with a visit in from Seattle! Love the pillows I think they will look great! Let me think a bit about accent wall..not crazy about them but let me look at your room images again...talk to you tomorrow🤗

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    15 days ago

I hope you feel better soon!!

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Would these be too “extra” for the kitchen curtains... if I didn’t do the charcoal shades and kept the white blinds.

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    11 days ago

Hi Jessica
    I would not reccomend them..Holy Smokes...a bit too Beetlejuice!😉😆

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Hahaha!now that you mention it

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    10 days ago

Hi Jessica..if you need to keep your white blinds than just add the Ballard drapes with the black geometric trim..black drapery rods...we need to pull more glam into the family room so it has a nice cohesive flow from kitchen...

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Can do!!! I have them purchased... they must be on back order as it says delivery in June!! I did hang up a curtain rod and it looks great and I can paint the chair legs black before the curtains arrive

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    10 days ago

Wonderful! Did you order the neutral trim? I think they will be beautiful. Sorry I said black above that is wrong they don’t even have black🤪the neutral is going to be perfect and tie into your chair fabric.🤗

• Julie Zygmontowicz
    10 days ago

Here are a few end tables ideas for your family room...with a lamp idea..I have a few ideas for TV wall let me gather the images and post them.

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    10 days ago

I bought the lamp (need to put it together) and yes the exact ones you said with the trim from Ballard!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    10 days ago

Perfect!

here are a few ideas for tv wall..we can adjust it to fit your room..your style.

• Jessica Shephard
    Original Author
    5 days ago

Here’s the pillows - the other couch has just one of the palm so maybe another coordinated set of two pillow cases ??