Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lfblair768

Brushed gold/brass fixtures without breaking the bank?

lfblair768
3 years ago

Has anyone found a way to use brushed gold/brass fixtures in your bathrooms without breaking the bank? Planning our remodel of the master bathroom and kids/guest bathroom. LOVE the Kohler Purist line. It's ungodly expensive. We'd be getting faucets for double sinks in both bathrooms, we want wall mount faucets for the master, and I want handheld showers. The big kicker is that I want the brushed modern brass color, and that color drives up the price. Can't find any brushed gold/brass shower heads at big box stores, if you want a handheld shower it seems non existent unless you pay the ultra high name brand prices. Online (wayfair) I've seen super random-name brands with the brushed gold/brass color and substantially cheaper. I don't want to buy poor quality, so perhaps I already know my answer. Particularly for a hand shower, I haven't seen anything available that's not super pricey. I'd honestly be fine with a regular handheld shower that's mounted on the spout for the fixed shower head (it's what I've always done). Seems to get a brushed gold hand held shower head, it can only be on a slider bar, and that warrants extra valves, etc. The total price for everything (minus tub drains and overflows) is $6,900 before tax (including four sink faucets, freestanding tub filler, shower stuff for both bathrooms (one having combo tub/shower, the other separate). I feel gross spending that much.

Comments (9)