Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newjerseysurf

Need front door color inspiration

No Thanks
3 years ago

I’m leaning towards yellow or blue but dont know if either will work with the red brick and black(?) shutters.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

• No Thanks
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks @chloebud! Think that green could work with the shutters?

• cat_ky
    3 years ago

I like the green, and think it would look good, but, I would repaint the shutters in the same green.

• jck910
    3 years ago

I think without the shutters the white door looks great. I don't think yellow will work but navy blue could look awesome. BM Gentleman's Gray 2062-20 or Van Deusen Blue HC-156 are great dark navy. I would paint the shutters navy also

• PRO
    Patricia Justice Designs, LLC
    3 years ago

I agree also that painting the shutters will definitely update as well. If you can find someone to photoshop the colors in that you want, it might be worth it before taking the plunge.. Love the house!

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Black, the above green or a very pale blue.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

Remove the shutters those single ones look really silly and honestly removing them all will make the door color pop I like the green but a biyt lighter i think. This is one of my faves with brick. I also think removing those hedges and just doing foundation plantings would be a better choice.

• No Thanks
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Patricia Colwell Consulting you think remove them all? Do you know which green that is?

• User
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

The shutters are a really charming feature of your house and if not entirely functional, get ones that are. I wouldn’t go without them however.

• chloebud
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

No Thanks, yes, I think the Tarrytown Green I posted would work for the shutters and door.

This is a similar green to the one Patricia posted. Looks nice with red brick like yours.

More options from Benjamin Moore...

• No Thanks
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thanks @chloebud

• kculbers
    2 years ago

When I was stationed in Lakenheath England ( I am a retired US Air Force Captain), I fell in love with all the colorful front doors that most countryside homes had: all colors of the rainbow 🌈 ❣️
    I think a bright pop of color on a door puts a smile on your face and is quite unexpected.
    As I get older I am loving more color in my home.
    I just had a new front door installed and plan to paint it with Behr color: “Sweet Grass” when the weather gets warmer.
    You could paint your front door with just about any color.

• chloebud
    2 years ago

Really liking the green door in your pic. :-)

• ptreckel
    2 years ago

The only shutters that I would eliminate on your adorable house are the ones on the two windows beside your door. Your door would look fabulous in a pretty yellow, with black shutters. Or even if you change your shutters to a dark (Charleston) green, which is a very very dark green. Look at BM Hawthorne yellow. Can someone mock this up?

• No Thanks
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@ptreckel the door is done. It’s green per below!

• ptreckel
    2 years ago

I looked back up the comments....and saw it! I thought it had been photo shopped green! It looks great!

• Jilly
    2 years ago

That looks great! Your house is so charming. :)