Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisinclt

Help again with counter stools, please!! To CUT or NOT??

Chris
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

About a month ago I started a post to help me choose stools to go at this counter-height live-edge table I had made to go behind my sofa. What I didn't realize at the time was that the seat height of my chosen stools need to be 24" which is on the low end of the counter-height range (24-27") and are much more limited in selection than 25-26" stools. The reason I need the lower 24" height is because I decided to lower the height of my bar table 2" from 36" to 34" which works much better behind my lower back sofa (31"). Here's the table with the original taller legs which I will be replacing soon with new ones (different style) to bring the table 2" lower.

New leg style:

Custom Angle Tapered Table Legs | Etsy · More Info

So of all the hundreds if not thousands of counter stools I've looked at over the last several weeks, there were very FEW that had all the criteria I'm looking for (quality, comfort, size, style, materials), and of course those few including my all time fave, the Satine counter stool, were all 26" high... too high for the new lower 34" table! Here's the Satine stool I love...

Wrought Studio Leocadia Bar & Counter Stool | Wayfair · More Info

Does anyone think it would be possible to cut the legs down on this 26" stool and make it 2" lower? Or is it too risky that I might ruin the stools?

Comments (6)