sarah_wright9862

Has anyone used Viatera Lumina quartz countertop? Looking for photos

Sarah Wright

Has anyone used Viatera Lumina quartz countertop? I'm looking for kitchens that have used the lumina quartz. I'd like to see the overall movement of the veining. I would be pairing this countertop with white cabinets.

IMO you go look at slabs of this product no matter how many pics you get it is not the same as looking at an actual slab. FYI go look at some natural stone instead of some fake one that has limitations that honestly make no sense to me to go with fake .

Sarah Wright thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • cheerilyhouse

Sorry to be late to the party, but I am just a few weeks away from installing Viatera Lumina in my kitchen. If it helps, I can post pictures afterward. There was no granite (didn't want marble) that approximated the clean white background with the veining color/pattern I wanted. I saw it in person, and it's actually really beautiful, and while you won't think it's real marble, it doesn't have the "fake" printed look some do. The veining will travel around my U shape kitchen in the same direction, bottom left to upper right.

Sarah Wright thanked cheerilyhouse

Issue with Viatera quartz countertops.

I have lg viatera rococco in my kitchen. I have a large 10' bar. In the light I can see what looks like to be spill marks. I have no idea what they could be from. I clean with a wet rag and dawn dish soap. Occasionally I have used windex without amonia. My house is a new build. Can anyone help me with this issue? I've tried contacting Lg, but I can't seem to find a number for them. Only an email. I'm thinking these just might be imperfections in the stone, but you would have thought I would have noticed them sooner.

Has anyone used Calcutta Grey quartz by QuartzMaster for countertops?

@Cvknkol Love the Capraia you have! Any updated photos? We’ve got a new home, builders basic cream cabinets which we’ll have to deal with. My husband & I had a pallet of Carerra sp? 12x12 tiles that we got at close out 12 years ago for dirt cheap, and saved them for the right project. New home, so we cut the tiles to 2.5”x12 and put them up as our backsplash in a running bond. Gorgeous! I’d like a less dramatic marble like product and yours looks perfect for the understated look. We also have a large island so I may go with a different finish for contrast. We also looked at Dolomite which was gorgeous & very very affordable. We will have a pot filler installed above the stove. We are DIYers.

PENTAL CASHMERE POLISHED: HAS ANYONE USED THIS FOR COUNTERS?

We are thinking of using the pental cashmere polished quartz in a beach house bathroom. In the warehouse it looks quite light but a bit more gray or muddy in the house. Has anyone used this material? Any photos to share?

Please help with quartz counter top choice

I have not sealed them and they look brand new...I was a little concerned about using leathered in the kitchen but have had absolutely no issues. My daughter's polished Fantasy brown is about 8 months old and looks like it was just put in. I just thought it might be an option for you with your beautiful cabinet color because there are soooo many different looking slabs...mine has a lot of blue and gray in it and is in a kitchen with creamy white cabinets...and it looks good with my medium-brown maple engineered hardwood flooring because there is also a little brown running through it. It really makes a statement and doesn't look like so many of the beige quartz you see all the time.
  • Sarah Wright

Thank you @cheerilyhouse! Pictures would be great! We decided to go ahead and order the lumina and are about 2 weeks away from install. What color backsplash are you going with? I am hoping to find a white subway tile that matches the white background from the lumina.

The Kitchen Place

We have lumina in a new display. Unfortunately you can't see the pattern in photos. You'll need to go see a big slab of this. It looks almost solid white except for taupe/gold veins. It's very pretty.

Sarah Wright thanked The Kitchen Place
  • cheerilyhouse

Here is a picture of the veining pattern: keep in mind this is black and white and I inceased the contrast so it was bolder. As Kitchen Place mentions it's got clean areas too which I loved. There wasn't ONE other quartz with warm taupe and soft gray veining that had a cleaner white background.

Sarah Wright thanked cheerilyhouse
  • Sarah Wright

@cheerilyhouse Thank you SO much for the backsplash tip! I am most definitely going to check that one out! :)

• Julz Dee

Can anyone share a photo of their installed Lumina? Is it a crisp bright white background or off white? Thanks!

• Michele

I do not have Lumina installed but have been shopping around and would say that Lumina is one of the most white backgrounds of this type of quartz. I keep tossing back and forth between Lumina and Montauk by Hanstone which is also a white base quartz but mottled with Gray and the gray is more true whereas Lumina is more taupe w gold/Amber.

• Michele

In the above first photo, the top is Lumina, bottom is Adagio Gold by Viatera and middle is Montauk by Hanstone.

• Michele

As you can see in these first two photos Montauk reads white as well. Lumina, in the second two, is more pure white without anything in it apart from the large taupe veining. Both are so pretty which is why I’m having such a dilemma! I prefer the “natural” beauty of the Montauk (looks very marble like). I wish it were a little more pure white, but for me having the gray island, I think it will work well.

• Julz

Thanks Michele! i liked Montauk too! its just less bright than I wanted. But its a veauty! I am torn vetween Lumina and Misterio by Vicostone. My uppers are white, lowers navy with brass hardware. I like the vein pattern of Lumina more but worried it’s too brown. i don actually like the colour taupe :/ I thought there was grey in it too

• Julz

But everyone always mentions the gold and taupe so I’m worried that is what it will read as.

• cheerilyhouse

I just installed 50 sqft of Lumina. And it's GORGEOUS. Clean white with mostly light grey veining. Just a subtle hint of warmth. Not gold, Not really taupe. It's so subtle, it isn't strong one way or another. The veining is the best I've seen on any quartz. But I hate the bold dark thick veins, These have just right amount of movement and enough pattern to be interesting but not at all distracting. By the way, the lighting in some of these photos is off- the background is the cleanest white of any quartz I looked at, which is what I wanted. See the slab in person. Only way to determine if it;s right for you.

• Michele

Cheerilyhouse Just curious what you will use as your backsplash with Lumina? Do you have white cabinets? Are you going for a white kitchen? Thanks!

• Michele

Sorry, I see you posted above!

• Danielle Watts

Has anyone installed Adagio Gold in their kitchen? If so, do you mind posting pictures? We are between Lumina and Adagio Gold. But, we saw a full slab of Lumina and it was mostly gold vs. Gray and we were a bit surprised.

• Michele

@Danielle We did not install Adagio Gold, but it is a pretty gray. I posted a sample above. I went with the Montauk by Hanstone and thought I’d post here so you can see it with even regular white stock cabinets. It’s a really beautiful quartz with a lot of depth and movement and a pretty gray. Just not pure white background like Lumina and Adagio but still looks white overall.

• Michele

@Daniel, Posting because I liked the veining of the Lumina but was not gray enough for our island and the Adagio Gray was really nice but I didn’t like the veining as much. The Montauk has beautiful realistic gray veining with a touch here and there of Amber and some pure white flecks. However, may not be as pure, clean white on the base as you are looking for.

• Danielle Watts

Thanks Michelle! Looks great! What stain did you use for your floors? We have red oak select as well. Hanstone might be a good option.

• Michele

Danielle, We were very happy in the end that we did not stain the new or old refinished red oak. The hardwood floor guy applied 2 coats of Bona Amber Seal and followed with 2 coats of Bona Traffic HD. We used Bona Intense Seal on the refinished old red oak in the dining and hall. This seemed to help the color match, but we maybe could have done Amber all over everything. This pic shows the dining with old wood and kitchen with new wood. Overall look is great and matches well. If you look close, they do not perfectly match but with all the stuff in, its fine.

• Michele

Danielle, The Bona Traffic is in a Satin finish.

• rachaelgallegos

@cheerilyhouse If possible can you post a photo of your Lumina countertops and backsplash you chose installed? I am trying to decide if I should order the Lumina countertops and I love the backsplash tiles you chose. I would like to see how they look together. What colors would you say stand out the most in the Lumina pattern the taupe or grey? I saw a slab but it's hard to picture how they will look when on the countertop. Thanks so much for your help :)

• cheerilyhouse

Well, I'd love to, but the tile still sits on my dining room table!! I had a handyman start install who said "I've done alot of tile", and when I came home, it was crooked, sagging and had bad cuts. I had to rip it off the wall before it dried, clean up and now every. single. quality tile installer is booked three months out. What's happening??!! Keep an eye on this post as I will photograph the entire project when ever it gets done. Re: Lumina coloration, I'd def say the soft gray stands out with the warmer tone very subtle by comparison. Remember, Lumina is a SOFT veining- so soft in fact that when they sent the vein matching images from their photos of the slab, you could hardly see the pattern, but enough to approve. I'm so, so happy with my choice as the white is not creamy and the veins aren't in your face!

• rachaelgallegos

@cheerilyhouse I'm soooo sorry about your backsplash issue. I know it is super hard to find anyone to get anything done right now. Everyone is sooo busy! I know you will be glad to get it finished. Would you mind sending me a photo of the Lumina countertop with the tiles sitting on the countertop? I am struggling to decide and only have a couple more days before the sale is over. I did see a slab in person and it looked good but they do look different once cut.. Thanks so much for answering my post :)

• Danielle Watts

@Michele - Thanks again for sharing and responding. Your kitchen looks great and hope you enjoy!

• hcbear

Just making sure i understand correctly i DONT want any gold i need warm and cool tones. just wanted confirmation from of u that there’s no gold. Thx Thx!

• Mojave

I plan on replacing my current dark granite with lumina in october. I have very dark wood stained cabinets (aristokraft sarsaparilla) and a warm greige/tan ceramic tile floor. Right now I only have the tiny sample from home depot, but from what I can tell it should work. I think lumina works especially well with stained cabinets. As you can see in my photo, thr background didnt read as a super bright white. Its not an issue for me as my cabinets are dark, but Im not sure I’d put it with white cabinets

• rachaelgallegos

@cheerilyhouse I know you installed the Lumina in your kitchen. I just ordered it a week ago. I am getting nervous about it. I don't want a bright white that looks cold. I am hoping I didn't make a mistake. Can you tell me if the white is a cold feeling white or is it soft white? I chose the Lumina because I don't like busy or dark patterns and thought the veining looked soft and the most like marble. Do you happen to have a photo of a large area you could share? Thanks so much :)

• rachaelgallegos

@Sarah Wright Hi...I read your comment from a few months ago about installing Lumina. Can you tell me if you ever found a white tile that matched well with the Lumina. If you have any photos would you mnd sharing them? Thanks. I just ordered the Lumina and am looking for something white that goes with it.

• cheerilyhouse

@rachaelgallegos It doesn't look cold at all- in fact when you put a sheet of white paper on it, you can see the Lumina white is milkier, without going yellow or creamy like so many. I totally LOVE my choice and you will too

• cheerilyhouse

I used a tile called White Jade from Tile Bar in the 1 x 4 mosaic. They also have herringbone and another shape. The whites in the tile marble coordinated PERFECTY with whites of Lumina.

• rachaelgallegos

@cheerilyhouse Thanks so much for your reply. That makes me feel so much better. I will check out the tiles. Do you have to seal the marble wall tiles? I bet they look beautiful and high end.

• cheerilyhouse

You do have to seal

• Julz

I ended up choosing Lumina and I LOVE it!

• rachaelgallegos

@Julz It looks fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing your photos. I love how the pattern isn't busy. Do you have a backsplash picked out?

• Julz

No I don’t have a backsplash yet. Haven’t had time to really hit the stores to look. I kind of like the white rhombus tile look but I’m not sure.

• Sarah Wright

@rachaelgallegos sorry for the delayed response! We used Satori by Anatolia color Bianco Dolomite Brick Polished. We found this product at Lowes and are very happy with how it pairs with the lumina! I hope this helps you :)

• rachaelgallegos

This is the prettiest combination!!! Thanks so much for sharing! What a beautiful kitchen. It looks very classic and high end. I can’t wait to get my Lumina installed.

• Amy Grubbs

Sharibg

Wanted to share some completed photos because there wasn’t much out there when we were planning this project. we were updating a kitchen at a rural property and knew we’d need simple countertops to avoid clashing with everything else (which we didn’t want to mess wirh at this point). We went with Viatera Lumina counters and love them!! whiteit’s, but not stark, nice natural gray and taupe veining. finding a backsplash in the same white tones was challenging, but we found one at Lowe’s and I’ve included the Satori tile item photos above. someone else had recommended a tilebar product, but we got a sample and it seemed more brown than the lumina, so we went with the Satori. hope these photos help someone making decisions :)