Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elisep5

Kraus Workstation or Blanco Silgranit

elisep5
2 years ago

We are looking for a black single basin workstation sink approx 32-33” to fit into a 36” base cabinet. We already know our kitchen style & know that a workstation sink will suit us. Has anyone purchased the Kraus Bellucci Workstation in “metallic black”? Can you share pictures of the finish? One of the pictures I saw online it looked “speckled” like it had almost a glitter in it (I’m aware it’s listed as metallic) but I’m wondering how it looks in person?

I’ve seen discussions on here about turning any sink into a workstation. I had a friend tell me she loves her Blanco Silgranit sink in “anthracite” which in pictures looks like a solid matte black. How easy is it to turn “any” sink into a workstation & are there any downfalls of doing so?

Thanks for any feedback!!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

A black sink would be my last choice for a kitchen sink in fact IMO stainless is still the best choice for a kitchen sink always. I don’t like work station sinks IMO the parts that got with them are too small to really be useful and anice deep one bowl stainless in as big as you can fit in your cabinet is my choice always.

• Ashley
    2 years ago

No advice on the workstation sink question, but I have the anthracite blanco silgranit sink in my kitchen and I also love it.

• elisep5
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Patricia Colwell Consulting & @vinmarks Thanks for your feedback! Def make a good point about the ergo of cutting.

@Ashley Your sink looks gorgeous! I’m leaving towards this now. Great reviews online too about durability & how it stays clean. In person do you see any “metallic” or the anthracite looks just black? They show it next to a coal black sink. Thanks for your help!

• Ashley
    2 years ago

Thank you so much! When I ordered mine, coal black was not an option available and I assumed anthracite was a fancy name for black. I literally just saw the coal black option like a week ago
    I never thought there was any kind of metallic glint to it, but I just went and took a closer look and I guess there is a tiny bit. I never would have noticed if you had not asked though

• elisep5
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Ashley - thank you SO much for the extra picture - I love it & think I’m sold! Lol

• vpierce
    2 years ago

We have the Blanco sink in Anthracite--still looks brand new 11 years later!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

You just have an undernount sink installed with a larger positive reveal. There's your ledge for your workstation sink.

• kashmi
    2 years ago

@Joseph . That sounds like a great idea, but does that leave such a small section of the sink "lip" that it causes a problem for the install? Does one need to request a sink with a larger lip if intending to do this? Thanks in advance for the addtional information.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

I wouldn't leave less than 1/2" of flange for a silicone seal.

Here's a nasty cracked Blanco:

• kashmi
    2 years ago

Thank you -- so, to be sure I understand ,,, using the Blanco Precis as an example, the dimensions on the website suggest that the "flanges" on the sides of the sink are 1". Using only half of that for the silicon seal (in order to leave a 1/2" reveal) would be sufficient?

Would it be better to seek out a sink with "longer" flanges so there was more sink material for that seal?

Again, thanks for the expert information.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

1" is fine,