Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parvatshiva

Organic white quartz with white and willow cabinets for kitchen!!

parvatshiva
2 years ago

Comments (56)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

is that the brightest white cabinet color you can choose?

I think what you have work together. warm and cozy? not really. it's just very mild looking. I would hope you'd at least try and bring in a backsplash w/a bit of pattern or color. please, no white subway tile w/this combo.

The hardware wouldn't be my choice. I think they're a bit heavy looking for the lightness of the cabinets. I'd do something thinner, and possibly a soft gold.

You don't have to choose their hardware you know. just wait and get your own. ditto backsplash tiles

since you haven't posted the other options, we can't suggest anything else.

parvatshiva thanked Beth H. :
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Sammie J @Beth H. : the Backsplash is patterned as pictured with white oak flooring

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

oh ok, that all looks nice together. I was actually going to suggest Tilebar-Nabi Jewel, which is very similar

However, I'd pick diff hardware. Don't like the heavy darker ones you've chosen

try something sleeker

i still like the softer gold choice, or even a nickel, better than the ORB or a black.

you can pick these after you move in if you don't like their choices. or ask if you can buy these yourself and have them install them

• Sammie J
    2 years ago

I like it all together!

parvatshiva thanked Sammie J
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Sammie J @Beth H. : we will certainly consider changing the handles. I think you are right. However, still need some suggestions on the countertop which is quartz organic white. Do you think it will go well with all the options together.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

found a similar two tone like your w/soft gold hardware

and yes, I've already answered that your countertop appears to go w/the white cabinets.

you never answered if that was the brightest white they had, or you never showed pictures of what else was available to you.

In this picture on my monitor, that white cabinet looks a bit yellow. it could be from the overhead lighting. make sure you have 4000K bulbs in your kitchen or whites will take on a yellow hue.

I don't know if there is another quartz option. If you like this, then get it. You can tell in person if the whites work together, can't you?

Is it Ceaserstone organic white? If yes, here it is:

• Beth Allen
    2 years ago

^^^ I would pick one of the "terazzo" look quartz, but that is just my opinion.

parvatshiva thanked Beth Allen
  • mimimomy
    2 years ago

In the second photo with the cabinet, hardware, tile selections, and flooring, the counter selection looks much different than in your first photo. Seeing all your selections together, I like the quartz you've chosen :)

parvatshiva thanked mimimomy
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Beth H. : its Ceaserstone organic white. also the white cabinet looks pale in the picture, may be due to lighting. they have another white which is arctic white more bright, however almost 4K more. That’s why we are sticking to this white. Same with quartz..

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

that's why I said to make sure you do 4000K LED bulbs in your kitchen.

4K More for whiter cabs?? good lord. those builders really get you.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Beth H. : Yeah I agree on the high price for which we could not upgrade to arctic white. thank you so much for the lighting suggestio. that is something we didn’t know. We are going to talk to the builder.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

this gives you an idea of why lower temp bulbs look yellow. 4000K is best for kitchen. 5000K is too cool and too blue.

• Becky H
    2 years ago

I like it all together! looks good!

parvatshiva thanked Becky H
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Beth H. : which temparature bulbs we should consider good for living and bedrooms?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

you can go a bit warmer in those rooms. it's a personal choice. I have all 4000K (cool white) in my recessed ceiling lights, but bulbs in my table lamps are a bit warmer. I'd say 3000 or so would be fine.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Just had Organic White finally installed today and love it! I was glad it's warmer than it photographs. Our cabinets are wood stained though, and our lights were changed to 3K throughout.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@userLA57 if you dont mind, can you post some pictures

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Hope this helps a little. This is all I have for now. Cabinets being remodeled a little and re-stained next week, after that I guess I need to commit to a wall color & BS tile. I'll post a better pic when all done.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@userLA57 looks really pretty. I love those big hexagone tiles. we are still waiting for ours to be installed. will share pictures once done.

• blueskysunnyday
    2 years ago

Just wanted to chime in to say I think your selections will look very nice! I like the combo.

parvatshiva thanked blueskysunnyday
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@userLA57 is your kitchen remodel complete now. how is the final look? please post pictures if possible.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

@parvatshiva Unfortunately, no. Several delays. Cabinets aren't being stained until late October. Painting in 2 weeks (fingers crossed). I haven't yet committed to a backsplash tile. I want a 2.5x8 Calacatta gold but I don't think one exists. I'm waiting to try a box of 2x8's. I'm also waiting to see 2 other warm white stone tiles. sigh I didn't realize it was going to be this difficult to choose, lol. How about you?

parvatshiva thanked userLA57
  • parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@userLA57 - same here. our construc is delayed by almost 8 months due to labor shortage. The cabinets and countertop are not yet delivered which is making me anxious. Thats why i was wondering if at least i could see your completed project. All the best to you and me as well i think :)

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Following also.

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Following

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Still in limbo. Cabinets complete. Deciding on light fixtures. Have yet to choose a backsplash. I'm not liking the Calacatta marble very much, but I'm not finding a cream subway tile that doesn't look bathroom-ish to me, either...

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

W, that looks good together. the gold tones in the marble work w/the wood, the soft whites w/the counter, and the grays work w/the wall and floor color.

just pull the trigger and install it already! After a year of wavering I did calacatta on my own backsplash w/gold inlay on the vertical grout lines. I love it.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Thank you, @Beth H.! My husband says the same - just do it, already. It's been 5 months.😬 I love your kitchen! I don't know why, but for some reason the CG is reading more 'country' to me with the wood cabinets than I like & I'm trying to lean a little more toward transitional or at least a little more modern French country. Would I tire of a CG herringbone pattern faster? Should I try a 2x6 CG? I'm afraid I need therapy, lol!😉

• userLA57
    2 years ago

(meant 2x8 - sample coming tomorrow) LOL! I could open a sample store!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

suggestion, I think your hardware, knobs, is far too small for your cabinets. please consider getting some handles/pulls

just like these (less country looking that what you have, and will look great w/your marble)

if you want the herringbone, go w/this

(actually it's a chevron, maybe 2x10 pieces? 1x12? hard to tell)

I love this look . very french country (don't forget your other elements. )

and I love this one.

you could just get this tile if you want that look. easier than cutting all the pieces for a herringbone or a chevron.

This marble is beautiful w/the wood cabinets

remember the other elements if you want a french look. ceiling, lights, rugs, elements on othe countertop

similar cabs, herringbone design. I don't like the pendants w/this one

• userLA57
    2 years ago

I like all of those ideas, thanks! @Beth H. I grouted a few more samples in various sizes with a little more white to them:

• userLA57
    2 years ago

@Beth H. Is your marble honed or polished?

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

So our kitchen finally started coming to life.. this is how it looks with organic white countertop.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

That’s beautiful!

parvatshiva thanked Carolyn Jenkins
  • userLA57
    2 years ago

Looks great!! I'm still very happy with mine! What did you choose for your backsplash? @parvatshiva

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@W - they are still install8ng it. i dont have full picture. This is what i got on my last visit to site. will post once all is complete.

• dove41
    2 years ago

I am following this thread because im either going to buy Ikea Axstad White Cabinets or Grimslov Off-White Cabinets. I like Ocean Foam, Organic White, Pebble, Symphony Gray or Piatra Dark Grey Ceasarstone Quartz countertops. I would love to see examples of these quartz countertops and cabinets.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@dove41 i just saw this thread again. i love my organic white countertop. i just looks perfect with my white and greige cabinets.. i am very happy with it!!!

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Really pretty, Hillside!!

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Beautiful! Can you tell me what is the name of the hood and where did you get it?

• userLA57
    2 years ago

@parvatshiva, I'd love to see your countertops with your backsplash if they are finished! We are still waiting on some drywall repair and the last of the pencil trim to be finished.

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Hillside House i love your kitchen., specially the hood ..

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@userLA57 my kitchen is finished now and this is how it looks

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Looks so good! I love it!! What wall paint did you go with? I love the backsplash! Just all of it, really. :)

• parvatshiva
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The wall paint is done by the builder. i dont have the exact shade of what they used. i have asked them to share the item# so that we can have some spare for any touchups

• userLA57
    2 years ago

I like it. It looks very similar to the color we used SW Egret White.