Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_655439647

What type of window treatments would you put on these three windows?

Dyan Weis
2 years ago

Our daughter just bought this house. We just painted SW Accessible Beige and new floors. What type of window treatment should we use? Cordless Roman? One long rod with curtain panels (two per window)? Custom is not an option. Too expensive. Thanks!

Comments (28)

• tozmo1
    2 years ago

What is the goal of the window treatments? Block light? Add color? Block view?

• decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Privacy & sun protection might be your motivation, but we don't know. More info please. I assume the wall color was chosen to work with your fabrics & textiles. Widow treatments and upholstery fabric need to coordinate as well. Can you move the furniture in and take more photos?

• Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The furniture is delivered next week and then I will! All good questions and I am such an amateur I was just thinking of looks! These are south facing windows so I guess they need to block some light. The bad part about curtains is that she would also have to purchase blinds too? We were thinking of Roman Shades - ready made but are still trying to figure it out. Would you suggest more grey than beige?

• Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We need to block light but she doesn't really want black out...

• WestCoast Hopeful
    2 years ago

This is what we have. It was very sunny today so two are closed. We are south east facing at this angle. They filter sun but let it light. It’s 7pm now and still bright

Dyan Weis thanked WestCoast Hopeful
  • Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! Are those roller blinds?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    2 years ago

Yes. These ones are custom but you can get similar products from Home Depot and Ikea. You might also be surprised at how cheap custom can be. These ones were about $50 per blind. We have blackout ones upstairs that cost more

• everdebz
    2 years ago

This type? different sizes.

Day and Night Cordless Zebra Shade, Pewter, 36"x72" · More Info

• everdebz
    2 years ago

If she would like to repeat warm wood stain in kitchen [?] - this type could lower at night mostly.

Let's say she wants a tv console with same sort of wood look, this would tie in.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/bali-natural-custom-cordless-light-filtering-roman-shade/ppr5007181833?pTmplType=mtm&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=bamboo+blinds&productGridView=medium&urlState=item_type%3Droman%2Bshades%26product_type%3Dblinds%2B%252B%2Bshades

• everdebz
    2 years ago

like this for example to warm up the room - with or without window blinds that 'match'

Willow Entertainment 74" Console, Distressed Pine · More Info

Whitby 60" Console, Spice Finish Asm · More Info

62 in. TV Stand with Storage in Burnished Oak Finish · More Info

• Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

You all are so much help and much appreciated! They are also looking for console, so thank you Everdebz for the advice. The Bali blinds would be great because they serve the purpose plus we can actually order them long enough. Their windows are 76 inches long and most standard only come to 74. I just need to figure out if they want brown or grey. I don't know which one would look best with that sectional/room colors.

• everdebz
    2 years ago

This room a bit like yours. I wish there was a photoshop-view of these curtains: sleek hung from the ceiling. Not brown or grey, but a soft white...?

Cellular shades could be in blackout for the sunniest times. Lightweight fabric.

Lakeview Pied - a - Terre · More Info

• everdebz
    2 years ago

From here, it's impossible to tell what neutral is best. Actually, I'd veer away from floor/wall neutrals, and pick another. Soft white? after all the windows are white.

Dyan Weis thanked everdebz
  • everdebz
    2 years ago

What does each window measure? and wall space between each?

Houzz: "If you have a wall of windows, add lightweight panels between them to create an illusion that there is no break between each window. If you need privacy, mount a shade behind the curtains."

Dyan Weis thanked everdebz
  • Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I will find measurements and post. I’m starting to consider 2” faux wood blinds now instead of the Roman shades. Then we could add one rod with panels in between. And yes maybe I should just get soft white. FYI I also have to get a vertical blind on the sliding door next to it. Do they need to exactly match? As far as all of the blind colors?

• Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Windows are 33w 76 long. I don’t have the measurements for how big the space is in between. I can get those later next time I am there.

• everdebz
    2 years ago

me? I can't imagine that the zebrashade would matter, at 72" long. I think a person might move it a half inch down at the top, and let it sit above the sill a little. After all, the bottom isn't at eye level... ?

• everdebz
    2 years ago

https://www.zebrablinds.com/natural-woven-wood-shades

They show textured for window and matching fabric for doors [doors have wide panels, wider than vertical blinds]

https://www.zebrablinds.com/blog/5-signature-window-coverings-for-modern-2021-home/

• everdebz
    2 years ago

I like they have page for 'cheap and ok' --

https://www.zebrablinds.com/cheap-best-window-treatments

free sample of Coconut and Milky Way.

• everdebz
    2 years ago

3/8" Double Cell is sold in heights up to 84"

Light filtering fabric that provides substantial privacy. Lightly textured appearance is nice for casual room.

• Julie Schmooley
    2 years ago

I’m a sucker for one long curtain rod, I did it in my current place and have received so many compliments! I did cheap curtain rods, my husband tweaked them so they could just attach to one another and did cheap linen curtains from ikea. I’ll try and post a photo. With this being said we also have blinds for privacy. There are ways to get this done on the cheap if you’re creative lol we’ve done them with conduit and spray painted black.

• kathylawyer
    2 years ago

i would put white wooden shutters, classic , never go out of style and expensive looking. I live in souther CA, most of the newer model home are decorated with them,,,,,course these are all close to million dollar homes

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

I would need to soften and warm the room with panels, especially with your color/furniture choices. One rod can work and for your windows I think it makes sense due to how close they are. Hanging it up to the ceiling just looks silly. Historic homes have window casings that are worth celebrating and showing off. Modern homes, not so much, and you have none. The spaces between your windows are small enough I hope you would be hanging only stationary panels in between each window. It makes no visual sense to put decor under a curtain rod that's purpose is to give the illusion of one large window. That still leaves you finding a shade to compliment for light blocking.

• Dyan Weis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow - what great advice! I believe after reading this - she is going to start with 2" blinds to control light and privacy. Then, we will add one rod and pick out some curtain panels that will soften that dark furniture. I'm not real fond of the furniture color, but that is what they chose. I appreciate your help so much!

• ci_lantro
    2 years ago

I would not invest much at all just yet. After they have lived in the house a while, they may learn that they need to deal with heat gain, glare, cold, keeping light inside during the winter & evenings. So may need a multi-dimensional approach like shade screening on the exterior among other things.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County