Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larosetamay

This exterior needs love

Tanya
2 years ago

We need ideas, for this exterior that doesn't cost much. I'm thinking of board and batten on the garage square in white.

Comments (7)

• Indecisiveness
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I wouldnt add board and batten considering you already have clapboard and brick.

The dark trim paint around thr garage is the biggest issue i see. That needs to be much lighter.

Do you have the budget to replace the railing for the deck over the garage?

it looks like some if the windows are white, others are black. they should be consistent.

What color is the siding painted? White?Cream? Beige?

• dan1888
    2 years ago

I'd go the opposite on trim. All white trim to black around garage, windows and the lattice on the front door. Or remove that completely. You could check with the garage door manufacturer to get a single replacement segment. Get one with windows and have the top segment replaced. No to the siding.

• houssaon
    2 years ago

The simplest change would be to paint all the black trim white and the front door an interesting color. When painting the front door, paint the entire front door, don't leave any white.

• User
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

How I would spend my money, in order of priority, until I ran out of money.

Get rid of the grille in the window on the door, but leave the door a dark color.

Paint all the other trim a light color that harmonizes with the siding.

Remove the upper floor railing and replace with metal cables.

If the lower space is actually used and enjoyed as a sitting area, create a pleasant space with an awning, mobile planters and another seat + table. Just a little mini-teahouse.

New light at the left of the garage door.

New garage door

• houssaon
    2 years ago

Did you mean you want to cover the garage door with board and batten? Are you converting the garage?

• Tanya
    Original Author
    2 years ago

These are really good ideas, I will start with the front door and garage door. Paint is cheap and fast.
    Thank you all so much!
    Next is match the top windows to the siding in a light colour.
    I agree and want the cable on the upper deck and also we love hanging out in front of the garage so will cozy this up.
    I was thinking of covering the entire garage but will hold off for now. It is builder brick and left over brick.
    Will post progress pics

• Tanya
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here is an update. We found some red cedar siding in an older shed 😁 score! We are not complete but well on our way between rain showers

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures