FIND PROFESSIONALS
lexschv

Need help incorporating steel beam into basement remodel desi

lexschv

We are remodeling the basement in our 1940s colonial and are going to keep the existing steel support beam exposed, rather then encase it in drywall and lose valuable space. But I need to decide how to incorporate into a color palette- not sure if we should go neutral, pop of color? The color palette includes BM Balboa Mist- main room, BM Green Tint bathroom and laundry/ mud room. The main architectural feature in the room is the stone fireplace which has some beige, brown, blues and greens in it. Under the stairs we will have a small bar area, and I planned to put shiplap on the wall and have it be our accent color- maybe BM Knoxville Grey or some dark/ moody/blue/green type color. The only other metal in the room will be the staircase- would it make sense to have the beam and staircase (at least top of rail?) be the same color? I’m at a loss for what to do about the beam. The flooring will be vinyl plank in a medium oak color. Thanks for any suggestions! Attaching some photos including type of stair railing (not ours, just an example). Thank you!!