Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna_boron23

Side by side exterior door dilemma

Anna Boron
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hope to get some advice tonight as this decision is due first thin in the morning.

I am changing all my exterior doors (front, garage, side mudroom).

Decided to go with fiberglass door for the main entrance in iron ore colour + full sidelight (frosted with clear trim). Door will also have a window - frosted with clear trim (window just above 1/4 of the door size). My dilemma is the garage door. Do I a) do steel and choose same design and same colour , b) do figerglass in the same design and colour, c) ?.

The fiberglass will have some grain show through, the steel will be flat. The grooves in them are different depth, as they are cut differently, even if from far away the design is similar.

Difference in price $600 (fiberglass more) - although the money is not the big motivator here. I am doing a full mainfloor reno.

The photo with the blue doors is my current set up. Notice the height difference between the doors.

The one with the dark door is photoshopped. So just flip that door upside down and imagine a window at the top.

EDIT: all trim, including around the garage will be dark in iron ore. I would prefer to keep the colour of both doors the same.

EDIT:

Second question. Do I put a steel door ON THE MUDROOM/LAUNDRY ROOM (different side of the house)? Or do I keep it consistent and do fiberglass? If I do fiberglass, do I do white on the inside? WAsher/dryer are dark grey, floor is dark, counter top white, backsplash white, walls white, cabinets are speckled gray on white. Or do same as front door and have iron ore colour outsid and inside for bigger impact/visibility of the grain. Or is that too much.

Would appreciate all your thoughts and ideas I may not have considered.

Comments (10)