Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtvhike

Electric (battery) lawn mowers

mtvhike
2 years ago

I would like to get a battery powered walk-behind lawn mower. I have an irregular yard, with a lot of hills and dales, so I think I need one with larger rear drive wheels. My selection in my neighborhood isn't too great. I went to Lowes an hour's drive away, because they had a Kobalt one on sale, but it turns out that a) it's on line only, and the sales people recommended an Ego rather than the Kobalt, but the only one meeting my needs was a) out of stock, and b) $650.

On my way there, I stopped first at a small local hardware store which is a Stihl dealer and looked at their selection and again, the only one meeting my needs was a) out of stock, and b) $650! I think highly of Stihl (I have one of their chainsaws and weedwhackers, both gas) and their build and performance quality seems superior. The manager said he could get one in 4 days, but I declined (hoping to get the Lowes sale one), but now I'm planning to go back tomorrow and get one.

However, there are many brands out there and maybe these aren't the best, in terms of value and/or performance.

Comment (1)