Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matthew_swanson

Remodel Mental Meltdown! Am I making a mistake?

Matthew Swanson
10 years ago
I'm in the stages of a total home renovation. I bought a small ranch and am adding a second floor and redesigning the first floor into an open floor plan. I have started picking the finishings and had picked faucets, lights, railings, appliances and cabinets.

The way I see my personal style is a bit towards the contemporary with clean and straight lines. I'm doing a wire and wood/metal railing on my stairs and floating vanities in my master bath.

The cabinet I currently have selected for my kitchen is by Omega. Its the Plainfield door in Cherry wood with a sable stain. They will have nickel tube pulls. After a difficult trip to the granite emporium today where no color seemed to work with the cabinet I started looking at pictures online and am now doubting my choice and wondering if the kitchen won't feel contemporary or fit with the other things I'm picking like the wire railing. This kitchen will be visible as soon as you enter the house.

I thought about going with light wood early on but felt that it might look washed out and fail to make a punch. Now I'm wondering if it was the right way to go. I'm so confused, angry, and lost.

I also can't decide if I should have the shaker stiles and rails on all the cabinet drawers or not. When I left the contractor I had them on all of the drawers except for the top row. Now I'm wondering if that will look weird.

Any advice and guidance will be appreciated. I don't have pictures since nothing exists. thanks.

Comments (2)