Comments (10)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

update how?

what don't you like?

what is your budget?

The only thing I would change is the cut-out trim above the stone, and maybe the colors of the house.

If you really want to get nit-picky:

Maybe concrete the driveway (or pave the driveway,,add a border down the side of the grass)

get larger address numbers, and do a pathway down the middle of the yard to break up all that grass.

Or, some more flower beds:

also notice the finished driveway. but notice how all this grass looks so much better w/well placed flower beds, plantings.

or a path

cobble driveway and path

extend the flower bed

Joanne Shaver thanked Beth H. :
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I would add a full porch or remove the trim design under the upper windows and add a small middle entrance with pitched roof.

Joanne Shaver thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Joanne Shaver thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • flopsycat1
    2 years ago

I find the decorative trim below the widows to be distracting. Consider removing it, or painting it the color of the siding. A couple of ornamental trees in the yard would be nice.

Joanne Shaver thanked flopsycat1
  • Kathy Furt
    2 years ago

I would just remove that trim for starters. Can you paint? If so something darker would make that stone pop. SW gauntlet grey is my favorite. Hire a landscape pro, but it’s very pretty would not take much to really be something !

Joanne Shaver thanked Kathy Furt
  • partim
    2 years ago

Charming house. The trim sets it apart from looking like every average house you see and I would not change it.

I'd add another flower bed all across the walkway, and deepen the one at the right side of the house.

Joanne Shaver thanked partim
  • Sigrid
    2 years ago

I like the house. If I did anything, it would be to lighten the paint a bit -- pick a creamy color from the stone.

Joanne Shaver thanked Sigrid
  • Emily
    2 years ago

I like your house too. If I made any changes I would get taller lights so they stand out more. Do you use the chairs out front? If not I’d replace the with planters so you could get more color up by entrance. The garage doors look like they’re a different paint color so I’d try painting them in the stucco color.

Joanne Shaver thanked Emily
  • decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago

Something about it tells me you could remove the Tudor details and go French Country modern.

French Country · More Info

Maybe some iron Juliette balconies up top.

French Country Living in Colts Neck, NJ · More Info

Joanne Shaver thanked decoenthusiaste