idabean2

leaf blower shoulder harness- improvise a clip holder & another q

Marie Tulin

I bought a shoulder harness designed to re-distribute the weight of a hand held leaf blower.

However, my Toro electric doesn't have a place to attach it. Anyone have a way or idea about how to improvise one? If I could off load some of the weight I could use it for 45 minutes instead of 25 !

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH

Velcro strap with a loop somewhere around the body of the leaf blower?

• Marie Tulin

of course! Velcro can fix anything. Together with gorilla glue we could "fix" the world.

Is there any forum you aren't on, Barb?

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH

I’ve actually been fairly absent for much of the summer, Marie, but I get notified when you post, and this one caught my eye. I agree that velcro, duct tape, and gorilla glue are important parts of the tool shed!

• krnuttle

go down to the hardware store and buy two pipe clamps

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AMERICAN-VALVE-4-Pack-1-in-to-1-in-dia-Galvanized-2-hole-Pipe-Strap/3223473

and Two screws and nuts. Get the pipe clamps such that they barely go around the string trimmer. bolt the ends of the pipe clamps around the poles of the string trimmer where you want the strap to connect. Fasten the strap to the top of the pipe clamps. The advantage over glue or some other means is that you can adjust it to get the correct balance for the string trimmer.

• Marie Tulin

krnuttle man, I need a diagram. You aren't kidding me, are you? We have 9 pipe clamps and my husband wouldn't miss two of them!

If you are serious, my response is that my two bad shoulders would not appreciate the weight of two pipe clamps. Or am I completely missing the point. ?

Thank you

• krnuttle

Mis understanding of the Term Pipe clamp.

These are small and designed to hold a pipe about 1/2" in diameter Or about 3/4" wide and about 2" long. 2 screws, 2 nuts" and two clamps may weigh an ounce. As I said you may have to experiment a little to find one small enough that when they are bolted together, they fit tightly around the string trimmer pole.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH

Nice visual, krnuttle!