Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Wednesday's Brain Game----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Back to our regularly scheduled program :-)

Comments (63)

• bpath
    2 years ago

A3 came to me when remembering my years in Dallas, especially arount 1980, with a roommate who had football on TV every Sunday.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I'm pretty confident now in B3 and D3; I cheated to get C3 but in fairness, I wouldn't have gotten it on my own. Now I'm just missing A3, which I have no thoughts on....oh, actually, on second thought, maybe I do have guess....not confident with it though.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Letters, just a couple of more thoughts at the end of the day and you’ll be a winner.

Any tips for B3 other than a book title? I’m thinking math and have a lot of ideas but can’t see that any of them is ”a thing”, nor found by googling my ideas.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Bpath, i think you just gave me the hint i needed for A3, although as a math nerd, i disagree with the use of the symbology. I had half of it, but it was likely throwing me off.

I think I just need D3 now.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, it would be very narcissistic not to share hints about B3.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Ah, you’ve got a different answer for B3 than I had, likely better than mine.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Seems like there are two answers floating around for B3. I think roxsol and I have the same answer. OutsidePlaying, for D3 (assuming I'm right), concentrate on what's missing.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Hmm, roxsol, I see where you're going with that. Still not sure that's the final answer. But it could be.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I see a compound word in A3, and I also see a phrase in B3, but can't seem to figure out what those lines in A & B 3 mean, and I don't know D2&3 either...

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Finally managed to get D3 on my own last night. If I'm right, it's another one of those 'duh' moments. And thanks to hints above, I think I have B3, but I don't know if it's a book title or not. Could be, I suppose. No ideas for A3, and if it's football related, as bpath suggested, I may as well just give up on it now. So that leaves me with all but A3.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My answer for D3 is so basic it almost has to be wrong. Same for D2.

• User
    2 years ago

Same with me for D3. I feel there should be more to it. I’m not giving up thinking about it, though. Never say never.

• User
    2 years ago

My guess for D2 makes me laugh, so I’m sticking with it.😁

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Help help. I am down to A3.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I agree with Outside’s objection to A3

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I read those comments and am still at sea. I get the math nerd aspect but cant make anything out of it.

OK, I had a bit of a thought.

• User
    2 years ago

My husband gave me his guess for A3. It is sports related. I think it is probably the same as what bpath is thinking.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Yeah but it uses the wrong word thar’s the problem.

• User
    2 years ago

I believe I know the word you mean FOAS but I don’t totally agree.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I think we can forgive the puzzle maker and make A3 work out to what it clearly is supposed to be. But then it is used again, mostly properly, in B3! 🤷🏻‍♀️

At least i think we are all thinking along the same lines for B3, no?

• bpath
    2 years ago

I must confess, I don't see the problem you all are having with A3. I don't read it as being the same as B3 much. B3 is bugging me, though. My answer just didn't seem "clean".

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, are you trying to tell us your mind is in the gutter? 😳

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I am getting a glimmer of what yall are talking about with A3. Is it four words?

• bpath
    2 years ago

No, I'm a late bloomer.

• User
    2 years ago

patriciae, yes I’m thinking of a four word phrase. I think the others are as well.

• User
    2 years ago

Oops, no it’s actually a three word phrase.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Rats

Oh, just rethought it. I can do it in 3

• bpath
    2 years ago

Hints for C1? D3?

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Take C1 and put it all together and say the word then look at the clue.

• bpath
    2 years ago

But, but. that’s too easy. My head wants to add a syllable to the beginning, one that begins with U and ends with N with nothing inbetween.

• User
    2 years ago

D3 Don’t give up before you enter the struggle. Not all is a ……..

• bpath
    2 years ago

OH!

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I could not figure out how to hint that one. Good for you Roxsol.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

As usual, scroll on by if you're still working on it.

Two left feet

Stop in the name of the law

Fourth quarter comeback

Ten most wanted list

Ace up your sleeve

Self-centered

Evenly divided

Too tired to think

Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening

Coal in your stocking

Fatso

Lost cause

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn't get D2 and honestly it's not something I would ever have guessed. Got the rest although the wording I used for A3 was Comeback in the fourth quarter (5 words - not 3) :)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My first answer for self-centered (until I read hints) was self-originated.

In the end I only got fatso wrong. I had ”so big” and was gonna ask if it could apply to my belly and the answer of ”yes” wouldn’t have helped.

Good one! Even though the comeback was in the fourth quadrant not quarter. 🙂

• User
    2 years ago

D2, I originally had So Alone, and thought that was going to be the answer. I thought of Fatso and it made me laugh so I kept it.

I had evenly split for C1.

Thanks, Jasdip🤠

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

The issue with B3 is that the center is the Origin not the center but obviously that is what was meant. I did get A3 right! But again it is quadrants, not quarters and there is no the in C3 by the way. It is the name of a poem by Frost. I did not word A2 correctly. Poo. Fun stuff.

• bpath
    2 years ago

For D2, well, we had just visited our niece and their baby, so of course I thought of ”Soooo BIG!”

For C1 I could think only of ”unevenly”, which I was sure was wrong. Well, I was right about being wrong lol

For A2, I immediately thought ”Stop! Police!” which is almost right but the real answer is, of course, righter.

The Frost poem is ”Stopping by Woods . . .” not ”the woods”.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Wow I read too fast - skipped over the ”no brainers” and didn’t catch other wrong answers.

I had police stop and evenly split.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, and D2, I considered ESSO for a bit.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

For SO - I could only think of Significant Other.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, I give you full marks for ”evenly split”. After all, it’s the same thing.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

OH, I didn't think of So Big-famous novel by Ferber. A much better answer.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

As a football fan, I cannot believe I missed A3 - I’d like to believe that’s because my team is so great that they don’t ever need a comeback, but … no. 😔

I had ’so bold’ for D2 and thought if not that, it would be some variation of that. Fatso never occurred to me. Got everything else.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

A3 being a quadrant rather than a quarter is what i meant by my ’math nerd’ comment. I got the Come Back part but all i could see was a quadrant. It took a few looks to get Self Centered too, as I kept getting hung up on origin. I also said Evenly Split and for A2 I had Stopped by the Police. I finally got lost cause in the last moments so made it 100% for me. First time in a while I had them all.

Anyway, Jasdip these continue to stretch our minds and are great fun to discuss.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I never would've gotten A3, since I am so not a sports fan. I thought B3 might be 'self love'. I don't see how the (0,0) factors into 'self-centered'...?

I had 'police stop' for A2, and I also had 'evenly split', not divided.

'Fatso' makes little sense to me, since the letters are not fat.

So it looks like I got half the answers correct ☺️

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

I thought B3 was the book, Origins of the Self.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I didn't get A3, didn't even really try after someone posted it was football related. No way I'd ever get it. And my first thought for D2 was 'So big', then thought of 'So alone', 'Significant other', and 'Fatso'. Never settled on which one, though. The letters may not look 'fat', but they are bigger than normal type. Sometimes some imagination is needed to get the answers. Or, as someone else said a few puzzles back, you need to allow some wiggle room. And I had 'Stop, police!' for A2.

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I would say evenly divided and not evenly split so as we've discovered before - this may be regional thing.