Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rtacabinetstore

Kitchen Remodel- What do you like and what would you change?

RTA Cabinet Store
10 years ago
This is a kitchen remodel that one our contractors submitted. He used our Natural Shaker kitchen cabinets to create a beautiful kitchen with some custom touches. Some of the highlights include custom crown, and a buffet built with wall cabinets. What do you like about the kitchen? What would you have changed?

Comments (6)

• charleee
    10 years ago
    I like the cabinets and floor; however I would change the appliances to white and the countertop to something lighter. It might just be the pictures but with all the dark colors the kitchen already looks tired. Also, dark countertops show every toast crumb, every piece of everything. They're like dark floors, really hard to keep looking clean.
  • User
    10 years ago
    LIKE:
    Granite (I assume) countertops that are not brown mottled.
    U-shaped layout with a view outside from the sink
    Cabinet design
    Cabinet hardware
    Lots of storage
    Subway tile backsplash

DISLIKE:
    White frig ... should be black or stainless
    Hanging lights ... too big and too white. Would like to see more transparent glass
    Big areas of cabinet doors. Would add some open shelving to break it up
    Blue or black stripe across the subway tile. Why is it there?
    Weird skinny shelf under microwave. What is this? Can't tell.
  • PRO
    Settled Home
    10 years ago
    I really like the cabinet style and the hardware. I think the U shape works and I like how the sink looks into the other room so you are not doing dishes against a wall. I do not like the black granite or the mixed appliances. I would have gone with something lighter in the granite and stainless with the appliances. Also I do not like the way the end cabinet just stops by the peninsula. We had situation like that and we added an open shelf to the end cabinet. Also I would have brought made all the uppers the same height. Not sure if there is duct work in the soffit but keeping the cabinets all the same height would have provided a more cohesive look. If the buffet is that area under the microwave then the lower cabinets needed to be lower so you could actually use the space as a buffet. I love that concept however I do not feel it was executed well. Not in love with the paint color either as the space looks a little drab.
  • PRO
    KB Design +
    9 years ago
    Like:
    Cabinets look very nice
    Custom crown is neat
    Installation looks extremely professional

Do not like:
    White refrigerator
    It is hard to judge why the black stripe was added in the tile
    Soffits, do not know all the details, of course, but normally it is possible to significantly reduce/remove these
    Light - not enough, and not at the most efficient places.
  • Patricia Griffiths
    9 years ago
    Cabinets and countertops are great. Rest needs color. Paint is wrong shade for cabinets. Could go two shades darker than cabinets, two shades lighter for neutral kitchen, or punch it up with grey green or persimmon to be bold. Then I'd add an accent that ties in color scheme: artwork or display.