Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cole_murdoch52

New Home Office - Poor Lighting and Dark. Tips Appreciated.

W Murdoch
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Just moved into a new condo and I took the interior office room and my gf got the bright front room.

The room has a door leading to the living area which gets good direct light, and a door to the very bright front office. There is also a short hallway with the closets and leads to a bathroom.

I really want to keep my desk where it currently is, as facing the wall is depressing and this way I can get a clear sight into the living room so at night when I am on my PC I can still talk with my gf if she is on the couch.

My current plans are to put a large mirror across from the desk on the wall near the door to the front office. I think that will help provide natural light during the day since that room gets so bright. I also plan on adding another light source next to wear I sit. I also purchased the lamp which provides good light but not enough. I don't plan on using the overhead light as I don't like where it is.\

I just got the rug and think the size works well but I welcome opinions. I can't go any bigger (it's 5x7) without getting a square rug, which I'd rather not do.

I also plan on getting rid of the black storage unit next to my desk and buying something white to lighten up the space.

I love plants so will add a few low light plants to soften things up.

Any tips are appreciated.

Pictures.

Comments (8)