Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skigirl308

Was the quartz the same for both the backsplash & counters?

skigirl308
2 years ago

I’m wondering about the thickness as it looks thinner on the wall than on the countertops.

North Lincoln kitchen,dining and mudroom · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Plain & Posh
    2 years ago

You are correct, the backsplash is only 3/4" thick and the perimeter is 1.25"

The island is 2.5" thick. I had my fabricator cut the slab from the 1.25" to the 3/4" as I hate the thickness showing at the edges on the walls.

• skigirl308
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks. Have you ever had this done with quartzite? It looks so good.

• PRO
    Plain & Posh
    2 years ago

I have, take a look at my Ravine Road Hinsdale project for a beautiful one.

Just make sure that you get a really good quartzite, somethings are labeled that but really aren't. They are more porous and will stain more easily, I always suggest using Stonetech's revitalizer cleaner and protector all in one solution. It will add a layer of protection everytime you clean. It is also the correct product to use on natural stone as the wrong ones eat away at your sealant and leave the stone unprotected.

• skigirl308
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! I found that product on Amazon. How often do you use it to clean - once a week, daily, etc.?

I am fairly sure I have real quartzite, but super bummed they couldn't shave down the thickness. :( They were, however, able to make my counters without a seam, which none of the other fabricators I contacted could do. :)