Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_687026186

Dual cooktop question.

Jan Bauer
2 years ago
Is this an electric or induction cooktop to the left of the gas cooktop?
70's Ranch Revival · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hello and yes, it is an induction cooktop next to the small gas cooktop! Induction is faster than gas, cleaner, generates much less heat in the room, and is so much easier to clean up, so our client wanted one. But they also wanted a gas cooktop as well. So we did both under a wide vent hood!

Jan Bauer thanked Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
  • PRO
    2 years ago

If this will post, here’s a video I made on induction:

http://edmondkitchen.com/worlds-fastest-cooktop/

• Jan Bauer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oh my gosh. I just watched your video about induction and wow! Since I was old enough to cook ( 4 decades) I have only used electric, first coils and for the past 15 yrs a ceramic top. I am frustrated by the heating up of the ceramic top and my hot kitchen in the summer. I am doing research for a new home we hope to build in the next 5 yrs. I was leaning towards gas, but now induction has me really excited. I am in Canada.

• PRO
    2 years ago

We’ve had induction in our houses for several years now and would never go back to gas. When someone says one induction cooktop is faster than the other, it comes down to one of two things. An inexpensive induction cooktop is going to have fewer transformers to handle the various burners do they throttle back after being in high for a time. An expensive cooktop will have a dedicated transformer per burner so they all can stay on high. But the main difference is the pan. There are some pans that will work on induction but they don’t have a lot of ferrous metal so they’re very slow. Pampered chef, cast-iron, some of the cheaper ones at target even will outperform several of the brand name pans because there’s more ferrous metal in them