Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
likestonehomes

Should I get these 2 kitchen cabinets painted white?

likestonehomes
2 years ago
last modified: last year

To brighten up my kitchen, I am thinking of having the 2 cabinets adjacent to the hood fan replaced with white cabs. Either that or replacing the panels with glass.

ETA The Fridge will be replaced with SS and new stools will be forthcoming. Also added new updated photo.

What are your thoughts?

Comments (10)

• tlynn1960
    2 years ago

I would keep the cabinetry the same throughout for continuity. You already have stainless wall ovens, a stainless hood, then a black fridge plus two different color/design bar stools so that's enough contrast and variety in the space.

likestonehomes thanked tlynn1960
  • RedRyder
    2 years ago

I think the seeded glass is going to lighten up your kitchen better than paint. Plus interior lighting. I agree with @Beth H that your stools should have a “lighter” look as well.

likestonehomes thanked RedRyder
  • Shasta
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

This kitchen reminds me of yours. It has dark, white, and glass cabinets. Of course it is also huge. I think dark framed glass cabinets would look nice your kitchen, and maybe some white stools.

likestonehomes thanked Shasta
  • likestonehomes
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Beth H. : Thank you so much for the visuals. The glass idea, makes fhe most sense and hopefully, not too expensive or hard to get done. The stools have been replaced.

@tlynn1960 I agree with your comments. The stools have been replaced snd a new SS fridge is in future plans.

@RedRyder Thank you for your comments. I agree with glass.

@Shasta Thank you ans I Agree with your comments,

• Kendrah
    2 years ago

Get the new stools and fridge first. Then decide if you still want to change those two cabinets. I think you are concerned that it looks too dark, but it is a short run of cabinets and adding two chunks of lighter elements is just going to make it looks like an unbalanced patchwork of dark and light. The light backsplash going up to the ceiling is quite striking. Less is more with these cabinets. You have a good thing going on.

likestonehomes thanked Kendrah
  • PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

No. Unlikely the white will complement all the whites of (1) wall color, (2) backsplash (3) countertops.

likestonehomes thanked MDLN
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

Not the white for sure. The glass would help reduce the heavy feel of that bank of cabinetry if they were farther from your hood but I see no place for them. Perhaps the new 'fridge is really all you need.

likestonehomes thanked arcy_gw
  • RedRyder
    last year

Did you complete your project?

likestonehomes thanked RedRyder
  • likestonehomes
    Original Author
    last year

@RedRyder Thank you for ghe follow up. We decided to get a new fridge, eventually and leave the kticehn as is. New stools might also be jn the future, but boy are fhey expensive. I posted more pics, showing the in a better light.