Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdmom78

FOTESS JUNE - The Great Outdoors - Garage Sale

jdmom78
last year

June FOTESS – The Great Outdoors

While researching for a theme this month I found that the National Park Service has labeled this month The Great Outdoors. I decided this would make a great theme for our swap because there are a lot of things we can do!

Feel free to join us on FOTESS by sending a message to Jeanne – sandlapper_rose – and she will give you the rules for our group.

For the swap I’ve decided we will have a Garage Sale. I know this is something we have done in the past and it was enjoyed by all. Please post 5-7 things you would like to “sell” for your garage sale and once I assign partners you will get to “shop” the sale and choose 3 things you would like. What do you guys think? I’m open to suggestions, thank you Jeanne for all of your wonderful ideas.

Sign-ups by Monday, June 6th. Bingo words by the 6th also, I will start picking on the 7th… may need to double up some days if we have 25 words… garage sale finds posted by the 10th, will assign partners soon after, hopefully we can shop and mail by the 20th.

This month we will be playing BINGO with some outdoorsy words.

Please change your avatar to your favorite outdoor activity. Mine is S'mores at a Bonfire. Doubles are welcome.

As always, please post pictures of your plants and gardens!

Comments (40)

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Sounds great, Urooj. Sign me up!

jdmom78 thanked sandlapper_rose
  • jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Welcome jeanne. I see it! Its an outdoor summer lunch. Looks fancy.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Had the appliance repair guy come by to fix my double oven yesterday. well since its a double oven we needed 2 of the parts so now he will be back next week once they get it ordered and in stock. i've already waited 2 months to get this done, whats another few days before i get to bake again.

what is everyone else up to this June? We have some travels coming up... i just read an article on CNN this morning about people lobbying to stop having COVID tests to reenter the US. we have to take a test before our travels, otherwise we need boosters. we are still deciding which one to choose... especially for the kids.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

sorry for not posting over the weekend guys... i had a friend pass away suddenly and we are all trying to rationalize what happened. some of you may remember me mentioning my trip to North Carolina back in January, well it was that friend who we were celebrating that just passed. she was not only a friend but a great mentor for 20 years and will be greatly missed.

where is everyone on the board? busy for the summer? is the swap too hard? we can do a card instead if a garage sale seems complicated with everyone being busy. please send feedback. we can extend sign ups until the end of the week so Jeanne has someone to play bingo with.

Here are the BINGO words, as promised - please choose 25 and send back to me, we might pull 2 a day.

1. Active

2. Adventure

3. Athletic

4. Backpacking

5. Backyard

6. Barbecuing

7. Boating

8. Campfire

9. Camping

10. Cookouts

11. Courtyard

12. Enjoyment

13. Exercise

14. Fishing

15. Garden

16. Geocache

17. Hiking

18. Hobbies

19. Hunting

20. Kayaking

21. Mountains

22. Nature

23. Outdoors

24. Park

25. Patio

26. Physical

27. Picnic

28. Playground

29. Rainforest

30. Recreation

31. Skiing

32. Sports

33. Stargazing

34. Sunbathing

35. Survival

36. Travel

37. Weather

38. Wilderness

39. Woods

40. June

hope we get some more sign ups. what is every one up to this month? my indoor orchids are doing great, i have not done much outside.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

I have been working in my house - still lots of boxes to unpack and hopefully I'll find a place for the things that are in them. I had lots of downstairs storage in my SC house and very little downstairs storage here so I'm still trying to figure out how to work with it.

I've decided my gardens are set up more for spring and fall blooming rather than summer. However, I will gradually add more plants and if only it was easier to dig holes, it sure would help. The screened porch and decks are helping so I can put plants in containers rather than dig holes.

I sent my Bingo words.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    last year

My first peony bloomed! I love peonies. A couple pics of flowers blooming. 

In the summer I enjoy everybody's flowers. I like to drive around and see them all. 

I will join this month. I'll work on my garage sale items. 

Heidi

jdmom78 thanked xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
  • jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Welcome to the swap Heidi. Send in your bingo words if you're playing.

I agree with the spring/fall garden. It's too hot in the south to garden all year long. In the midwest the summer is the best time, but not down here.

I also love looking at everyone's flowers... I will drive around and take some pictures later. I have a Grand Duke Jasmine that's coming back for the year and is about 1 inch tall. Saw it yesterday and jumped for joy. My calla lillies are also popping up right now.

last year

I gave up trying to change my avatar. Lol I'm going to skip bingo. Its not my thing.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Happy June, Heidi! I transplanted two of my potted plants into the front yard today. Still amazed about how hard it is to dig here. Once again I have lots of large tree roots, but also the soil is heavy clay. At least clay stays moist longer than sand did at my SC home. So happy to have you join in.

If I'm the only one playing Bingo, there's no reason for you to pick and post words, Urooj. I suggest you just drop the game for this month. However, you did a great job creating your list.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

I just noticed it's time to post our swap items being offered. I'll try to take pictures and post my list. I'm thinking about smaller and lighter weight things due to the shipping, but we'll see what I come up with.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Here are my items to choose from:

• Mug (new) with designs of different cat breeds
    • flexible ties to use in the garden (new)
    • pack of Thank You notes
    • All Recipes Magazine - Summer Issue but not from this year
    • Paperback book: A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare)
    • Tupperware Prizes (all unused - a serrated spoon, strawberry huller, icing decorating tool, citrus scorer)
    • Two apple items - a tea towel (new) and a terra cotta ornament that you can add scented oils or flavored extracts and hang - when I was using it I hung it on a cabinet door

Let me know if you have any questions. With the last 2 (Apple Items and Tupperware), you will get the multiple items as they are listed as one choice so all 4 Tupperware prizes are 1 item and both of the apple items count as one choice.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

hey ladies. sorry for being MIA. lots going on over at our place with deciding on which memorial to attend for my professor and summer school for the kids. anyhoo, i will be headed to north carolina and louisiana this month so the posts will be slow. my apologies.

jeanne, i tried to get my girls to play with you and they agreed but getting on them for their words was a bit challenging so i give up on finding you a bingo partner. that sucks because bingo is my favorite game.

heidi, changing the avatar can be tricky and i have come to realize that Houzz is different for each person. i have been getting alerts for this swap though, now that i wrote the post.

thanks for posting the garage sale items, here are mine.

also, would like to send feedback... since there are only 3 of us, do we want to shop both sales or should i assign partners?

- garden flag and gloves

- mystery novel

- homemade glitter bookmark

- homemade orange bookmark

- stationary set

- coin purse with key ring

- new pack of holiday cards

last year

Here are my items. I took separate photos. Heidi. 1. Candle. Mandarin orange for scale

last year

2.  Love sign 4 in by 1in

last year

Magic bean collection. Dont have any desire or room to plant these beans.

last year

Package of stickers

last year

Package of 5 homemade cards

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Urooj, I would prefer to send to only one person so I would like it best if you assign a person for us to shop from.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

In order of sign ups -

Jeanne shops from Heidi

Heidi shops from Urooj

Urooj shops from Jeanne.

Choose 3 items you would like and your partner will mail them out to you.

Yesterday was my birthday and a friend had invited me over to look at pictures from her trip to Jerusalem. As fun and exciting as all that was, I had my first taste of non-alcoholic wine. It was fizzy, tarty and interesting. I'm wondering if real wine tastes like that.... I guess I will never know.

TX and almost all of the US has been so hot this month that it's almost impossible to be outside. Even the creatures and critters are trying go get into the house one way or another.

What do you like to do outdoors on hot days. Playing in the water was fun when we were younger but now it's exhausting. We stay indoors most days and have been doing a ton of arts and crafts. The bookmarks you see in my garage sale are some we made, my sister just sent me a puzzle of the starry night that I'm going to start working on. We are invited to a Waterpark party this weekend. Did you know that you can rent it out for the evening... so exciter to see some friends after a long time.

By the way... I hear covid is on a resurgence... not looking forward to that. How are things in your area? I'm worried since I will be traveling a lot in the next month.

North Carolina, Louisiana, Mexico City, Istanbul. I get tired just thinking about it. But I am super super excited.

last year

Okay I'm ready to shop! 

garden flag and gloves - 

homemade glitter bookmark

- coin purse with key ring. HEIDI

here's a few flowers. My first coneflower. An onion that looks like puppets with wild hair. I love flowering onions and garlic.

Yes, hot here. So hot Monday the heat winds sucked water out of leaves of some of my plants. Sunflowers love it.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Urooj! Enjoy your travels and thanks for being our hostess.

Here are my choices for the swap game from Heidi.

Beans, Stickers, Cards

Thanks, Heidi!

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Urooj, I suspect you are traveling. When you get a chance let me know which items you would like from my list.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

thanks for the birthday wishes. i love fish and i just bought a fish wall hanging for my house too.

i will be traveling tomorrow and if i haven't said it already (because i am kind of panicking) i am traveling every week for the next 4-5 weeks. some planned and some unplanned unfortunately.

jeanne, i will pick - tupperware, cat mug, apple set.

we went and got our covid boosters in preparation for traveling and everyone has a sore arm with some having fevers and headaches. just when we thought we were over it, it seems like there may be a resurgence or a new variant coming up. we decided on the boosters so we don't get stuck in europe during our travels.

what is everyone else doing this summer? the kids are in a charter school and we start school the first week of august so it seems like a very very short summer.

lets get swap items out this week. i will be sending participation prizes also, hopefully i can get those out at the same time.

last year

I mailed today!

• sandlapper_rose
    last year
    last modified: last year

Heidi, I spotted Lexington, SC on your label. I moved last year on September 1. Really thought I had gotten the new address to everyone. Hopefully the post office will forward it. So sorry. I had no idea you didn't know. If the package doesn't make it to me, please don't worry. I will understand.

Urooj, I mailed your package today. It's traveling priority so should be there soon.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

My apologies for not checking with you Heidi. I am pretty sure jeanne moved after the list was updated but her new address was sent via email.

Hopefully it will get to you jeanne. Thanks for accommodating Heidi if it doesnt, i will leave it up to her to decide what to do.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

I'll put it on my to-do list to check with members if they still plan to participate in our group and make sure we have the correct addresses. Then I'll send the updated information to those who are still participating.

Heidi, I will message my new address to you now so you will have it. I guess I feel like I've been here a long time now, but it's only about 10 months.

last year

I garage sale today! The package came. Souch fun to get things in the mail. Thank you! I really like the H Keychain! H for Heidi!

last year

My ted hot poker is sending up 2 more blooms!

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Urooj, I received my prizes in yesterday's mail. Thank you so much. One of my favorite colors!

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Yaaaay. Thanks for playing. The girls have been loving resin these days so we are making a lot of keychains and bookmarks.

Hopefully you get your package soon Jeanne.

Here are a few things I saw in my front landscaping.

I think this is a sunflower

This Lantana had a butterfly visitor.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Just got mail. Love the garage sale finds. Everything is amazing. Always wanted these tools. Lol. Will add the coffee mug to my coffee corner and it will be for decor only. Great packing jeanne. Thanks again.

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

My surprise sunflower opened today.

My jasmine plant is doing well too.

Let's not talk about the rest of the landscaping...

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Jeanne any updates on your package? I start my travels tomorrow and then it's back to back from there!

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year

Good Morning gals. I'll be posting the July FOTESS Swap later today. Sweet and Simple.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

No, Urooj, I have not heard anything about the package that went to Lexington. I'm not worrying about it, so please don't you worry either. It was just unfortunate that I didn't send a reminder about the different address. Safe travels.

Great idea for the July swap, Beth. I'm signed up.

last year

I sent a new package to Jeanne yesterday. Should arrive 7/11. Sorry, I didn't ask about address. 

Heidi

• jdmom78
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Heidi! I wonder where it went!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Heidi, thank you so much for the swap package. It arrived yesterday but with hours of thunder, I didn't get on the computer after picking up my mail. Poor Heidi sent a second package, but I will say still no sign of the first. Maybe it will come back to you at some point.

Butterfly Bonanza! Heidi sent me some of her handmade cards which are beautiful, butterfly stickers and several packs of seeds. Thank you so much.