Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fatheha_bibi

Suggestions for quartz to complement dark green cabinets and brass fix

Fatheha Bibi
last year

I've decided to go for dark green cabinets in my new kitchen with brass fixtures. I'm going to use a lot of quarrz, so I'm looking for a mid range price wise quartz. Any suggestions for what would look nice? Often the samples look great but full slabs aren't as pretty. I'm not a fan of large veins or too much grey. Thank you!!

Comments (17)

• millworkman
    last year

More to a kitchen other than green cabinets and quartz counter tops. Help us help you.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

A plain white quartz would work just fine. Or try a white background with a very subtle gray pattern, like Silestone "Lagoon," or Caesarstone "London Gray."

Fatheha Bibi thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • Fatheha Bibi
    Original Author
    last year

Silkstone and caesarstone are ending up very expensive ... I'm wanting the quartz to go all the way up as splashback along the run. Not a fan of tiles and grout

• millworkman
    last year
    last modified: last year

"Suggestions for quartz"

"Silkstone and caesarstone are ending up very expensive"

Do you want quartz or not? Were you thinking of another material now?

• Fatheha Bibi
    Original Author
    last year

I do want quartz. Those brands are expensive.

• Verbo
    last year

Quartz is not a cheap $50 a square choice. Figure $100-$150 a square for any decent brand worth owning. Cheap no name knockoffs have multiple issues, and zero warranty support. Forget going cheap with quartz.

Up your budget or downgrade your want list. Quartz cannot be used as a backsplsh behind a range would be a start to losing some of your want list.

• anna_682
    last year

We installed Cosmos Venato Extra quartz when we update our house for resale. It was not expensive. Choose your slabs. There was some variation in veining.

Here is a photo of Cosmos Venato Extra quartz.

Fatheha Bibi thanked anna_682
  • Fatheha Bibi
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Anna - a more productive and an answer to my actual question!

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    last year

Just be aware that the less expensive brands have been shown to stain and chip more often. My 25yo Silestone is impervious to everything. The builder quartz in my son's 5yo home already has some stains. So read reviews on whatever brand you are looking into.,

Fatheha Bibi thanked Annette Holbrook(z7a)
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I need to see the color of the cabinets and also why quartz at all when there are so many awesome real stones that have none of quartzs limitations and are real not plastic . But really how do we know without any context

• Fatheha Bibi
    Original Author
    last year

What other awesome real stones do you suggest Patricia?

How do you know what without any context? I left it quite open but with specifics of colours and fixtures for a

• Fatheha Bibi
    Original Author
    last year

Flooring hasn't been chosen yet, but it will be a light colour. The kitchen is 30m squared with an L shaped counter run and large 3m

• Sherry Brighton
    last year

I used Cambria quartz but wished I had used soapstone. I regret I let my husband talk me out of it. Don't get me wrong the quartz is a work horse but to me it is cold and everything on it clunks. It is good for breadmaking and pie crust, though.

Soapstone is soft and luxurious. I did add soapstone radiator caps and every time I look at them I kick myself for not sticking to my guns.

Fatheha Bibi thanked Sherry Brighton
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I need to see the color of the cabinets green can be anything and choosing counters need to have context .

• ohwhatabeautifulmorning
    last year

Diana,

Do you know if London Gray still looks like the original london gray? Ive heard that company has changed hands. Thanks

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

@ohwhatabeautifulmorning I really don't know anything about the company changing or if the stone looks different. You might go to a stone yard that has slabs to look at them. I had London Gray done in a small bathroom and got a remnant slab which I like very much. You need to see the slabs in person to make that determination. Don't go by samples which may or may not be representative of current stock.