Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_993824730

Help...just moved in & dont know what to do w/ Dinning rm & Great rm

HU-993824730
last year

Help....We Just moved in and dont know what to do with my Dining room & Great room...Unsure how to incorporate them together and marry the both rooms ... In the Dining room Id like to add a bar/server/sideboard/buffet type of item, as well as a contemporary light fixture and unsure what to do with my current rustic walnut pedestal table and tufted cream high back chair dining room set ....In the Great Room, unsure how to utilize the fireplace area and also need to use my 3 pc left recliner sectional in the room with a more contemporary ceiling fan and other deco like art, sconces and centerpiece etc ???? Thanks so much :)

Comments (5)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    last year

put the dining table in the room.

put the sofa floating in front of fireplace.

then start making other decisions.

• Lyn Nielson
    last year

Use what you already have and build on it.

You'll start to feel the room once you put the pieces you already have into the space.

The dining table and chairs under the light fixture, the Sectional wherever if fits (keep it away from butting up against the walls... A large area rug for the sectional area, large enough to position the sofa ON the rug.

Then post photos of your Design problem, if you still have one.

• HU-993824730
    Original Author
    last year

thanks....I'll add the dinning & sectional in the room and then add additional pics...I was hoping to get started with looking for a dining room fixture, something contemporary in a rectangle shape??? perhaps modern farm house or ??? would also like some type of contemporary fan

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    last year

Again, furniture first then light fixtures.

• PRO
    Home Frosting
    last year

It's feasible that you should be able to place your three seat recliner facing the fireplace and then you can add the dining room table in the dining room. We might suggest placing the bench to the back wall, adding a rug, and getting a nicer chandelier. Then add some artwork and sideboard underneath it. If you desire more help with your dilemma we might advise you to look to our designs we have included below. Are you thinking of adding a TV in the great room? If so, we might suggest placing it to the left or right of the fireplace over a console.

Tampa Renovation And Re-Design · More Info

Tampa Renovation And Re-Design · More Info

Tampa Contemporary Home Decorating · More Info

Tampa Contemporary Home Decorating · More Info

Global Transitional with Bay Views · More Info

Global Transitional with Bay Views · More Info

High-rise living · More Info

Traditional Dining Room · More Info

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio