Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnbrosna

What to with our side entrance stairs?

tnbrosna
last year

We have a split level (with sub basement) home and our main entrance is on the side of our house. We need to replace our current concrete stairs as well as our rusted wrought iron railing. Don’t judge, wev we’ve been trying to find someone to do this work since begore COVID started. We were going to replace with concrete, but have decided against considering we don’t have a garage and if we ever sell our house and owners want to put in a garage it would be easier to replace Trex Decking versus concrete. Plus our Chicago winters have destroyed our existing concrete so we’d like a change. I’m considering turning the direction of the stairs to provide more entryway space, but pur contractor doesnt think this will look good. I have included pics of our existing (and embarrassing) stairs/railing for referrnce along with views from the side and front of our house. I’ve also included photos of what I was thinking in terms of chaging the direction of the stairs. Should I change the direction or should I keep the same style entryway and just widen it? I am open to any and all suggestions because I’m clueless. Our budget is flexible, but we’d like to stay right around 10K. Please help!!! Thank you in advance.

Existing entry (I know it’s horrible)

View walking up to stairs

View of front of our house along with side entry.

Comments (4)