Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

creepy Jenny replacement rose planter

EvaElizabeth
last year

In late spring I transplanted a rose into a large container, 24x36, 18” tall, that previously mostly held annuals. It currently has creeping Jenny that spills over the sides. The planter itself is so monstrous it really needs something that trails over the edges. I believe creeping Jenny is too competitive to keep in the same container, especially because this particular rose may not do well in a container without extra attention. But, I can’t find any other spilling plants that stay green as long in zone 6, most are annuals. I don’t mind annual if it’s the type that is long lasting, at least through most of the fall, but I’d really like something that helps the planter look a little better from the street when all of the other annuals and flowers are gone. I’m also thinking of transplanting a small amount of the creeping Jenny into a shallow, isolated container along the 24” side of the container, sort of like slightly bigger seed trays, to keep the roots separated from the rose. Could this work?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm