Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Last Wandering Stitchers retreat Nov 1-6 2022

grammyp
last year

Our number of attendees for retreat is dwindling and I fear this will be the last year for our retreat. Place of Grace will have a price increase next year and it will put it out of reach for our 3-5 members who can attend. If anyone thinks they will be able to make it this year, please let me know.

Comments (20)

• latifolia
    last year

Wish I could, but we are in the middle of major renovations. Finish date was end October, but now they're saying mid November. That, and my clothes could be pretty dirty, as we'll have been without a washer/dryer for over a month by then!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

Wish you could make it Laurel, but congrats on the renovations.

• bkay2000
    last year

Sorry to hear that. It seems like it was a great retreat. I've always enjoyed following you guys online.

bkay

grammyp thanked bkay2000
  • polardream
    last year

Tobey and I were just discussing the retreat and both wished it were earlier than November. The first ones I went to were around the first week of October which usually works better for me. He would like to combine one of his bike trips to get us there then I could quilt and he could recuperate! Of course, I totally understand. We are heading out October 31 for our Canada/polar bear trip - third try is the charm! (2020-Covid shutdown, 2021-broken wrist & ankle, 2022- WE ARE GOING!!!)

Keep me posted - I would love to come if it was earlier!

Sue

• polardream
    last year

I totally understand. I hope I will be able to attend if you are able to book again for next year.

Sue

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

Sue, we'll see if there is any interest in another one.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    last year

I'm having trouble posting.........Travel arrangements have been made......makes me wonder what is planned for while I'm gone. lol Time to get the party started....

• Char
    last year

I am looking forward to the retreat. Are we planning a menu again? I was thinking I would make chili this year if everyone is game.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

Sharon, good thing I have a big SUV. Char, no menu planned. We can each make something or order out. Not gonna be many of us. Chili sounds wonderful to me. I'm bringing vegetable soup. I think Sharon should make Sue's famous lasagna.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    last year

Sounds good to me. I might even find Sue's recipe for garlic bread.

Anyone going to retreat want all my Eleanor Burns books/patterns? How about Dear Jane?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

Bring them along and I'll go through them. Thanks.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    last year

WoooooHooooo........6 days before I leave. I hope my daughter's Jeep has enough room. might have to rent a small U-Haul????? lololol

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

I'm sure it will pull a trailer if necessary. See you soon my friend.

• jackier123
    last year

I am soooo sad that I will not be there this year. This is the first one I have missed since I started coming.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

You will be missed, but we will talk about you.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    last year

Aw Jackie, I'm sorry you aren't able to be at our last hoorah. I'm sure Beverly will keep you updated on any antics that happen. You will definitely be missed. Hugs......

• Char
    last year

Yes, we will miss you ☹️

• Char
    last year

This eagle has landed back in S. Illinois. Thanks again, Beverly, for a great retreat. It was so nice to see you and Tim and Sharon again.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    last year

Glad you made it safely home. The flamingos have made it as far as my house. Sharon's daughter will pick her up tomorrow.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio