Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda918

Bluestar French cook top

linda918
last year

Would love to know what folks think of the BlueStar Range or Rangetop with the French cooktop as well as the French Door Wall oven . This will be for a new build . I’ve had a complete Thermador kitchen in the past and loved every appliance but was recently wowed
when I saw the Blue star range .

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

Well I think to go with something that has a very particulr type of cooking needs aa lot of thought . I ama chef so cooking on a large grill is normal for a commercial kitchen but I run a catering biz from my home and not once have I wished for that type of cooking at all. When getting appliance s you need to realy think about how you cook. I do not even suggest a griddle that is made for a range . There are dozens of griddles very affordable that span 2 burners and do a great job. Same goes for matching any finish other than plain old stainless. That finish allows you to get appliance that work for you and they all "match" The biggest burns I have ever seen in a commercial kitchen were from french door ovens .I understand wnating to make sure in your new home you get the best but my advice is really think about using that French cooktop. They are messy and ahrd to clean properly too. Go to a good appliance store that does demos on the weekends and ask if they are doing one with the cooktop.

• linda918
    Original Author
    last year

Greet advise ! I like the idea of cooking demos. The French Top is definitely overkill for me, lol. I was just intrigued. I’ll probably go with a gas range-top and use a griddle that spans the burners . Had the built in griddle with the Thermador Rangetop but it took too long to heat up and heat was inconsistent from front to back. Loved it other than that.
    Interesting about burns from French Door ovens . …would have thought the opposite. I definitely prefer a stainless finish . Thanks again 😉

• linda918
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Sabrina !

• PRO
    last year

I am a chef and I agree a good brand of commercial range is the best way to go. I happen to love an all gas range and double wall ovens I like some things cooked in a gas oven like bread , pizza almost every yeast dough does better in gas. Keep in mind a real commercial gas range will not have a cleaning choice and I learned a long time ago in a commercial kitchen to just put a bowl of ammonia in the oven at night plug up the vent holes so it does not stink up the whhole house get up in the morning dump the ammonia and wipe out the oven if you do that all the time the oven stays really nice and clean maybe a bit of scrubbing if it is really burned on.

• linda918
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Sabrina ! Good to know ! I was wondering about the “non self cleaning “.
    Thanks !

• PRO
    last year

I just saw an article about a new way toclean gas ovens that uses steam somehow.We ar ein the process of selling and finding a new home to renovate and that feature seems like something I would look at .

• linda918
    Original Author
    last year

I’ll definitely look for info on steam cleaning . The smell emitted from self cleaning ovens is horrible .
    Thanks for your advice and input.