Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Okay then, which Noise Canceling Headphones.

palimpsest
last year

Ideally Noise Canceling Headphones with white noise.

I have been somewhat passive aggressing with myself for just not buying something like this some time ago rather than dealing with the the non-quiet Quiet Car.

Comments (14)

• DawnInCal
    last year

Hubby just bought a pair of Bose. They fold up quite small when not in use and he loves them especially when flying. Blocks out the noise and allows him to get some sleep on a long flight.

palimpsest thanked DawnInCal
  • dedtired
    last year

I have some by Sony. Youcan attach to your phone and listen to anything you want. They are bigger than Bose but less expensive. My son wears them when he cuts the grass.

palimpsest thanked dedtired
  • dedtired
    last year

Wouldnt earbuds be good enough?

palimpsest thanked dedtired
  • bbstx
    last year

DD and DSIL wear noise-canceling Air Pods. I bought some off brand noise cancelling ear buds to take on vacation because I didn’t want to contemplate losing the pricey ones. I think I paid $40-ish for them. I see they are now down to $33.

They work fine for me.

At night I use a Brown Noise app. DD found it. She likes it better than White Noise. I don’t know the difference, but the Brown Noise works fine for me. I has various lengths that it will play, anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours. It’s free.

palimpsest thanked bbstx
  • texanjana
    last year
    last modified: last year

I have the large over the head Bose ones and also the smaller Bose ones for when I walk in the neighborhood. Both work really well, but the larger ones seem to block more noise. For some reason I am unable to post a photo.

palimpsest thanked texanjana
  • lascatx
    last year

Hoping these are for the passenger. A driver needs to be able to hear sirens, horns, approaching traffic (and maybe even a rain wrapped tornado ,if this last week is any indication). But I sympathize. The one thing I would improve about my car on distance drives would be the noise in the cabin.

palimpsest thanked lascatx
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year
    last modified: last year

FWIW, I don't have headphones, but I do have ear protectors that look like headphones. I wear them over my earbuds when vacuuming or doing yardwork.

They look kind of like this:

palimpsest thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • texanjana
    last year

Pic of my two Bose ones.

palimpsest thanked texanjana
  • gsciencechick
    last year

Another recommendation for Bose!

palimpsest thanked gsciencechick
  • Ally De
    last year

If you are looking for noise cancelling abilities, Bose wins.

palimpsest thanked Ally De
  • Bluebell66
    last year

I have Bose over-the-ear headphones, mostly for travel, and like them quite a bit. I had tried several less expensive headphones, trying not to spend the money on Bose, but finally gave up and bought some. Should have just gone right to Bose in the first place.

Lascatx, I think Pallmpsest means to use them when he's on the commuter train - not while driving a car.

palimpsest thanked Bluebell66
  • jakabedy
    last year

The Bose over-ear are terrific. I originally bought them for flying, but they were a lifesaver for the year my office was being remodeled and a dozen of us were all jammed into small 5.5‘ high cubicles. I got my first air pods about two years ago and they also work well, but are a few notches below the Bose over-ears.

• User
    last year

My husband swears by Bose as well. He has the over-ear for home, and in-ear type for travel. The in-ear ones are designed differently than typical earbuds and are supposedly more comfortable.