Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stuckinnyc

Corner Cabinet with metal lazy susan

Dina S
last year
last modified: last year

Hi - A friends contractor but in a metal lazy susan (years ago and it is underutilized because of fears it isn's strong ) and we don't know how to use it properly.

what would you put in it? We have a limited budget. The kitchen is tiny so I need to make use of this space. what would you do?

On the right is the stove on the left is a cabinet.

S

Comments (8)

• apple_pie_order
    last year

Empty Tupperware on the top, lids on the bottom. Add a $15 motion-activated, battery operated light on top. It will help you find the things that will inevitably fall off.

Dina S thanked apple_pie_order
  • Kay Stu
    last year

I had one of those and I used it for pots and pans. The least frequently used were in the back, the most frequently used in the front.

Dina S thanked Kay Stu
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    last year

I'd put in larger kitchen equipment like stacked mixing bowls, stacked pots and pans, or maybe things like graters, hand mixers, or a food processor if you have one. Having small items like Tupperware are bound to get lost in there and it ends up being non-functional.

Dina S thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I think all the plastic containers could be nested and then you would have more space . I hve switched all of mine for glass and store those in a drawers with the lids attached. I need to know what you have to store and what the other storage is in the kitchen. I have had the metal ones before and actually cut out pieces of vinyl flooring to cover the shelves so stuff at least does not fall between the slats.I think the best is actually pots and pans stored there to free up storage for the plastic ware . I always tell my clients to take everything out of a cabinet and put back only what they actually use so at least start there IMO no one needs dozens of plastic containers at all. I have 3 with lids I use them when someone wants to takes leftovers .

Dina S thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • apple_pie_order
    last year

Lazy susan corner structures often can't hold heavy things without sagging and catching. You'll know pretty soon if yours can take heavy things or light things.

Dina S thanked apple_pie_order
  • calidesign
    last year

You just need to organize it so you can turn it freely and find what you're looking for easily. I'd use it for larger items like a salad spinner, nested mixing bowls, pitchers, etc. Put the miscellaneous tupperware and lids in a drawer instead to make it easier to find what you need.

Dina S thanked calidesign
  • AnnKH
    last year

I had Tupperware in a lazy susan, and I hated it. When we remodeled, I designed the kitchen to make room for Tupperware in a drawer, which was awesome. Our current house doesn't have a lot of drawer space, so I keep storage containers in an upper cabinet - after thinning down to those we used most often.

What is on either side of the corner? Near the stove: great for pots and pans. Other options: canisters of dry goods (sugar, flour, etc), or small appliances. The best option depends on what you need most in that location.

Dina S thanked AnnKH
Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!