Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_73935842

choosing a grout color-tons to show!

User
10 months ago

After being unable to really know the white and gray grout colors available I did a six month project to figure out my fav grout with basic bright white subway tiles. I wasnt sure if I wanted a no contrast look, a tiny bit of contrast to pull in tone of cabinet or a gray. So yes I went down the rabbit hole…far!! But if you are looking for a white or gray, I probably have tested it.
Here is a short summary…if you are looking for a complete flush, no contrast look, Artic White from Prism was an almost perfect match. All the other whites were always a tad on the creamy side, which depending on your look, may be fine. The creamier they got with my bright white tile, the more it had that “yellow teeth” look. Had I used an off white subway tile the creamy tones are perfect. I also tried about three grays and decided I like the no contrast look for my kitchen.
I also did not know if I wanted the wide look with sanded grout or the thinner look with unsanded. So thus the crazy started haha!

Here is the list of grouts I tried, hopefully matching with the photo:

1. Unsanded Artic White by Prism
    2.Unsanded Bright white by Polyblend
  2. Unsanded Snow White by Custom
  3. Unsanded Regular white by Maipei (very similar to Bright White by Polyblend)
  4. Unsanded Frost- Maipei (Ultracolor)
  5. Sanded Frost-Maipei
  6. Sanded Regular white-Maipei
  7. Sanded Ash-Prism (has a bluish hue, great for very cool tones)
  8. Sanded Snow White-Custom (very yellow undertone and not great quality of grout)
  9. Unsanded Warm Gray from Maipei
  10. Sanded Charcoal-Maipei
sanded regular white
sanded Ash
unsanded regular white
sanded frost
unsanded artic white
unsanded bright white
sanded snow white
unsanded snow white
unsanded frost

Comment (1)