Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mefor

OLLD 9/7

mefor
10 years ago
Good morning everyone, Saturday, Saturday.
Saturday nights all right. :)
Sorry, musical interlude.
What's going on today?
Like my new profile pic? I'm going to change it every so often, no more pale apparition

Comments (26)

• kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Good morning, all... what a pretty picture!
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That's right jayme!!
    Good morning you two, is it as beautiful where you are as it is here? Because its real pretty here right about now. :)
    Thanks kimdee, that's my view from back of house, wait until the leaves are changing and I post a pic then, wow!!! Loads of yellow leaves and the red barn, very cheerful.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Wow, Michele... what a beautiful view, must be so nice to look out at that every day!

It is not beautiful here right now... just around 59F calling for a high of 68F... and maybe showers this morning... hoping it clears up for this afternoon now that the course is open again and I'm playing golf today.
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Fingers crossed kimdee :)x
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Jayme, boating today?
  • mousemaker
    10 years ago
    nice picture! we had showers, now it's muddy :) I can still hear thunder. the apes woke me up at 3am grrrrrr..
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    @mousemaker....Either make an ape voodoo doll....Or toss a rotten ham in their yard! Sharon Osbourne (on their t.v. show), did that to noisy neighbors in their millionaire neighborhood and it was damn funny! Better yet...DO BOTH, and call the cops again!!
    Sorry for your pain, literally!!
    @mforr....I would LOVE to go boating but am not sure anyone else wants to go. Supposed to be in the 80's today. The forecast is showing some mid to possibly high 70's yet to come...but IDK if we will get out there :(
    @Kimdee....Good luck today, hope u rock their world!!
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh those stupid apes!!! Sorry to the real apes out there, the human "ape mimics" are giving you a bad name.
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Guess you can't go boating on your own, lol. Are they getting tired of it already?
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Just arranged for Jay to stay with friends for a few hours so Chuck and I can do a boating excursion alone for the first time! Gonna stop for Mexican food at one of his fav spots on the way! Have a fun day everyone and ttyl
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Good for you Jayme, have fun.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Michele-I need you.
  • mefor
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Jayme, you naughty girl!!! Lol, don't get arrested for indecent exposure!! Oh, that's not going to look good in the local paper
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    10 years ago
    Hi all...the local community of construction workers and other manly types (cowboys anyone?) has picked up the gauntlet and are responding with a kilt covered full monty. As of now I have 14 volunteers to wear kilts for a day on the golf course, more are answering the call daily. Can't say that the reciprocal donations are flooding in, but perhaps this will jog a few loose! Kilt Day is officially Sept. 20th. I'm lining up a photographer. Oh...and kimdee...we have two more months of golf weather ahead of us. Tomorrow the forecast is for temps in the 100's. How about them apples?
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    How about them apples? Makes me want to find a flight and get my butt down there with my camera! Men in kilts... warm weather.... golf... (cold beer, I assume...) what more could a girl want!

Let's see what we can do to drum up some more contributions to Mr. Ironwoods worthy cause!
    http://www.forestvilleyouthpark.org/donate-youth-park/
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    Dave, a few ideas were posted on the previous ollds thread that may help if you have time to look back - we've hit only three threads that I know of so far and I think you can make a site wide announcement of the event, as long as it is just that, to get the word out faster.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Studio -- I just emailed Emily to ask permission to post a thread in Design Dilemma about it -- I didn't want to do it without asking permission first....
  • DIAspoton
    10 years ago
    dave, i mailed my check today. haven't had a chance to think about fundraising yet but houzzers love a challenge. seems like throwing something out there like asking for outrageous photo ideas for the calender. OR something design related to the park. is there a clubhouse needing sprucing up? a boring field wall that could be painted with bright stripes or artsy graffitti? the idea is get houzzers invoved, keep the thread alive and ask for donations. maybe post some pics of the park so people will have a visual.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    10 years ago
    Thanks kimdee. Just lost a golfer, but he's bringing an entire team of kilters (what happens when things are out of kilter?) So if you can make a flight to Santa Rosa or SF...I can put you on a team with three others...no kilts on that one, just pants and skirts. I'm putting up KPOBAIA at my place and my friend Marty, the cowboy...down to giving up my bed and hitting the sofa if you need lodging...you think about it, but I need to know asap as the word is out that we are close to selling out and I have three people looking for that one golfer to fill up that team. Studio, I thought the OLLDS threads were deleted in their entirety within a week?
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    10 years ago
    DIAspoton, Actually the target for this fundraiser is a new meeting room and handicapped bathrooms, as the Park is open to the public, always, the bathrooms are pretty much what you see in a state park, all concrete and SS, kind of like an above ground bomb shelter....lovely taupe (yrghh). The meeting room is in design concept, but is essentially a spruced up modular, like a school temporary classroom, the 40 year old building it is replacing! I will attempt to get digital images of that...I do have some preliminary images of the future bandstand, but that is a couple of years down the line. We plan ahead and work hard. The Park is 53 years old now. All volunteer, always. No government assistance, ever. Need a place to play or picnic, have a birthday bash with jumpees or just BBQ for 150 of your closest friends? Come on down!
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    Check OLLDS 9/4 for last convo. re. event.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    10 years ago
    studio, Tell your Mom, not only am I working for charity, I work about 50 hours a week for my business and put in at least 10 hours a week helping folks on houzz...and yesterday I talked myself out of a job. Woman wanted to spend $200K to fix up a home to sell. Lives long distance (Reno). I told her to take the $1M cash offer she had from a neighbor for the place and not to do anything at all. She was stunned, but the math didn't work. Spending the money would give her a net loss on the property...I walked away poorer in pocket but richer in character. Thank your Mom for me...profusely!
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    10 years ago
    studio, just got back from 9/4 and boy was it a trip! Lots of ideas and yes, we can handle it...just need to delegate some of the actual work as I am pretty heavily committed for someone who should still be lying down. Calendar sales are no problem, we just update the website and add to our payment options there. The golf committee is already looking at ways to get the calendar out. I favor an all digital issue for you to print out at FedEx or just roll with on your computer screen. Maybe a calendar app for the smart phone users? That gets out of my league for tech and time...but this is CA...we have those people. Hard copies means printing costs and digital can go viral... Puppies and spay/neuter? Committee wanted me to ride in on my horse (rescue horse)...the thought of sliding into the saddle with a kilt on gave me the willies. I'll contact folks for the digital image we have of the meeting room and get it up on my profile, then try to come up with a way to beg donations for building it.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    I was going to strongly suggest that a digital version of the calendar, in pdf format would be the best way to go, to save the costs of printing/distribution. I can easily build that, and will happily do so... however I am unable to build calendar apps for digital phones (out of my league also.)

Haven't heard back from Emily.... hopefully she will respond.

I don't think, sadly, I can get there... if I had booked flights a month earlier I'd get a decent fare, but this close to the event the prices are quite ridiculous... but I will investigate... never know what I might find.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    You could always go on standby if they haven't already overbooked their flights. Might make for an interesting trip.