Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
_cancan_

_cancan_
12 years ago
Hello. Would you consider adding a 3rd or fourth colour into this existing design. I love the grey, blue, pink and white pallette and have been looking for inspiration for quite sometime. I love what you have going on here but I was wondering, if I do a similar pallette, if I would be "allowed" to a pale yellow or a bright green somewhere in the design using accessories. How would I do it?
Emily Ruddo Design · More Info

Comments (3)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    Part of the charm of this room is that the colors are so restricted - if you were to add yellow and green, it wouldn't have the same sense of calm and serenity.
  • PRO
    Emily Ruddo
    12 years ago
    Hi _cancan_ ,
    I am the designer of this room. I woudn't add yellow but as you see on the ottoman tray, I did add a hint of green with the vase. It is a calming muted color so it worked well against the white tray. The shells in the lantern are also a similar color green. Good luck!!

Emily
  • PRO
    Mona Ives
    12 years ago
    I wouldn't add yellow to THIS room because the charm of it is that it's so serene and calm. But if you were designing your own space with a similar color palette - pink, white/grey, and turquoise, I'd say you could add a few yellow accessories. The green to me doesn't work with both pink and turquoise. Beautiful room.
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!