Shop Products
petalique

What is the temperature? Here, it’s 91 ° F at 5:55 PM

Relative Humidity 50%, Dew Point 69. Feel like 95°F

Air Quality — moderatd (79)

(New England)

• last month

It's 7:28pm here, and 93.2 F. With the humidity, the Humidex (perceived temperature) is 104 F.

petalique thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • last month

" I think I would enjoy living where it’s about 68 to 75 deg F year long "

Me too......I've heard Madiera fits that bill, but a Portuguese island is not where I want to live. Maybe Portugal on the mainland, though, like in Porto or Lisbon.

petalique thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • last month

On the beach at Ocean City NJ, it was a pleasant 79 but at home it was 95 as I found out on return. .

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

Yesterday, Friday 6/21 KC suburb Humidity is 72% High was 91 F. I think it is unfair to have this high humidity and not be around a beach, etc. LOL

petalique thanked ladypat1
  • 29 days ago

It's 10:10 am, just got finished watering the garden. I usually do it in the evening but I had game night at my house last night, so didn't have time. The garden was looking droopy. It's currently 80 degrees with 74% humidity, feel like temp is 84. Looks like we're supposed to get up to 97 today. I won't be going on a walk. I was doing a nearby trail every other day but haven't gone all week. Not getting up at the crack of dawn.

petalique thanked Kathsgrdn
  • 29 days ago

10am, 88°F, humidity 70%, dewpoint 77°F, feels like 101°F.

petalique thanked dadoes
  • 29 days ago

94F with 75% humidity today. I got my outdoor chores done this morning. Dug up the potatoes and pulled the remaining onions. Fertilized the squash, peppers, cukes, and tomatoes. Picked some golden beets to include in a grilled veggie medley with dinner.

I'm going to trim and clean onions and garlic that are hanging in the cool basement this afternoon while listening to the Royal's game. 50% Chance of rain tonight.

No end in sight as the forecast is for temps in the 90s for the next 2 weeks. At least the grass will probably go dormant so I won't have to mow for awhile.

petalique thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • 29 days ago

Mid 90s here and feels like the sun is burning right through you. I went outside to clean the birdbath and refill the hummingbird feeder and that was all i could take. The humidity doesnt feel all that bad. I am getting cabin fever from being inside in the ac.

The NYT had an interesting article showing how many days the temps went over 90 in the city where you were born ( although it didnt go back as far as rhe year I was born!), how many are over 90 today and how many are predicted for the future. Scary.

We are not usually scorching like this until July.

petalique thanked dedtired
  • 29 days ago

petalique thanked lucillle
  • 29 days ago

96 and climbing at noon...I hate summer with a passion. Two weeks of this and July looks to be the same. Not worth living.

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

65 F sunny 10:15 am. High of 75 F today. Humidity 55%

petalique thanked roxsol
  • 29 days ago

“Not worth living.”

Yikes, lily!

petalique thanked roxsol
  • 29 days ago

Lily, i am with you. Our winters have gotten so much more tolerable and summer is unbearable.

Used to spend lots of time in Ocean City, NJ.

petalique thanked dedtired
  • 29 days ago

dedtired...OC is one of my favorite places on Earth. It never changes. I went there as a child, took my kids there every year for a week ,and the grandkids love it too. It currently is 99 here but the other day in OC when it was broiling everywhere, it was 78 by the ocean.

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

Forecast was for 99F today, but a little cloud cover has come in and so far has only hit 93. Humidity currently 41% so it doesn't feel too bad. I did some chores outside this AM, but need to go out to do extensive watering. It last rained here on June 2. There have been some pop up thunderstorms, even got one a few days ago in a a southeast suburb that dropped 2" of rain (!) but not a drop here.

petalique thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • 29 days ago

Right now it is walk out the front door into the gates of hell hot! UGH!

petalique thanked arkansas girl
  • 29 days ago

Lily, my husband was an OCNJ lifeguard. I worked as a waitress at a restaurant called the College Grill,, on the boardwalk at 14th St. Some of the best times of my life! Headed over to Somers Point to Bay Shores and Tony Mart’s for some underage drinking.

We also took the kids every year for two weeks. Its a wonderful place for families.

petalique thanked dedtired
  • 29 days ago

I figured I'd see some hotter temps on this post today.

Now we are 97F and humidity down to 30% with 12 mph wind, which I like. Heat index is 104F.

petalique thanked matthias_lang
  • 29 days ago

dedtired...My college boyfriend was a lifeguard there too. Every single morning when we were there on our weekly vacation, we ate at the College Grill. You might have waited on us...It was our go-to place and as I recall I think all the waitstaff were college kids. And all these decades later OC is still the same. They say you can't go home but in OC you can. The very same demographics as there were in my day are still there. Mainly because it's always been a dry town. Now I noticed you can't even smoke cigarettes on the beach and boardwalk. I showed my daughter the other day where I nursed her under the boardwalk when she was four months old. I'm trying to think of the place connected to the College Grill.

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

Topped off at 98F here today, spent 2 hours outside early on to water the garden and pick some things before I stroked out, the humidity isn't helping. Temp will repeat tomorrow at 100F with scant chance of rain, maybe a shot at some rain on Monday? But the heat will roll on next week too. Local weatherdude says that so far it's now the 2nd driest June on record. My brown top septic tank is easy to spot now.

petalique thanked vgkg Z-7 Va
  • 29 days ago

When I got in the car yesterday at 10:30, the car thermostat said 103°! I had a heart attack until I drove down the road and the car was in the shade and the air conditioner was on and it finally got down to 83°. But that's kind of like camel trading. Sure 83° is much better than 103°, but at 10:30 in the morning, doesn't bode well for the rest of the day.

A few minutes ago it said it was 94° here, with the real feel of 104°, because of the humidity.

🙄

petalique thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 29 days ago

Right before it hit 100, a pop-up thunderstorm took the temp down to 77 and also took a huge branch off our 130-year-old locust tree. Thankfully it missed arbors and other trees. It's still drizzling but the sun is out and the temps are already rising. It's been weeks since we saw even a drop of rain and this was a couple of 10ths..

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

Pardon the interruption, but, Rob, what is meant by "camel trading", as in your use, " But that's kind of like camel trading."? I've never come across that as an idiom, and am not finding any note of it on the internet.

petalique thanked matthias_lang
  • 29 days ago

Lily, Bob’s Grill.

It only makes me sad to see the old houses being knocked down and replaced.

Maybe I did wait on you! i liked the breakfast shift so i could spend the afternoon on the beach and go out at night.

went up to 98 here today. Even the birds hid in the shade all day.

petalique thanked dedtired
  • 29 days ago

I could not think of Bob's Grill. When were they torn down? I remember being sad the summer we came back and they were gone. I hate too the knocking down of old houses and businesses. But Kohr Brothers and Mack and Mango aren't going anywhere soon. My husband graduated HS with one of the Kohrs.

petalique thanked lily316
  • 29 days ago

The heat here in Maryland is brutal. Right now it is still 95 while the high today was 98. I stayed in all day.

petalique thanked satine100
  • 29 days ago

Imagine this conversation:

I'll sell you this camel for $100.

I'll give you $50 for it.

I'll sell you this camel for $70.

$60 and not a penny more.

When the camel was really only worth $50. You think wow I got a deal because I only had to pay $60 for it, rather than $100! But!!? It's not a really good deal, because you paid more than you were planning on paying, and more than it was worth. Sounds better, but really isn't.

petalique thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 29 days ago

" When the camel was really only worth $50. "

The camel is worth what someone will pay for it.

petalique thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • 29 days ago

It is 107° today with 13% humidity, but two or three days ago, we had a blackout, with no electricity from 3:44 PM to about 8:44 PM. During this time, we went to Trader Joe's, and they had power, and so we did some shopping. We went late in the day, and when we got back, the power was on.

The worst thing was that it was difficult to open and close the garage door. In addition to snacks and cheeses (which we needed), I bought a Cobb salad, and Kevin got a couple of shrimp spring rolls to have for dinner. My salad was decent, but Kevin said the spring rolls were just okay - not as good as what we get in restaurants.

We spent part of the time in the pool to stay cool, but it wasn't as hot that day.

petalique thanked Lars
  • 29 days ago

True TV, but camel trading is more about something seeming better than it really is. And by that I mean $60 is way better than $100. It sure is. But wouldn't the better thing be that you actually got the camel for $40? It's all about perspective.

petalique thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 28 days ago

" about something seeming better than it really is. "

I know, but your example is faulty if that's the meaning you're trying to convince. Any similar story about bargaining is the same, because the value is whatever someone can be convinced to pay for it. That's one of the reasons why I hate to bargain.

What you really want is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" story.

petalique thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • 28 days ago

Looks like it's going to rain today!!!

petalique thanked Kathsgrdn
  • 28 days ago

Nope. I used it the way it is meant when the phrase is used. But I appreciate your suggestion.

I'm really hoping the rain is going to keep things in check a little bit today. 🤞🏻

petalique thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 28 days ago

9:00a, 84°F, 84% humidity.

petalique thanked dadoes
  • 28 days ago

8 AM 59 F. predicted high 75 F.

petalique thanked roxsol
  • 28 days ago

Cloudy and still waiting on the rain.

petalique thanked Kathsgrdn
  • 28 days ago

It rained yesterday and last night. We were socked in with thick fog for the morning. Soggy, muggy weather. Apparently there are tornado watch alerts for Montpelia, VT and areas of southwest NH.

86 deg F here, only a bit of breeze and saturated air.

I am in a grumpy mood because, despite my back, hands and feet hurting, I think I am going to have to attempt to patch the old junky tile on the kichen floor, Then call around for a house painter and carpenter and a gutter fabricator early tomorrow morning. I have very painful corn on the little toe of my left foot. Bandaid (sp) not helping. Ditto other toe. I need foot surgery but first I have to begin repairing house. At least the roof got replaced. I found a good roofer a few years ago.

I feel so awful for people who cannot get a break from the heat and flooding. I hope all of you are doing well.

• 28 days ago

Roxol, get that guest room ready! Lily and I and maybe Ded are heading up.

oh, arkansasgirl! I am sorry.

Lars! I’m glad you could cool off at TJoes. Looks like youre going to miss the good food back in LA.

• 28 days ago

Stadium mustard? I had no idea!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Mustard

• 28 days ago

Yes! The rain kept it down 12°. Well, there's that much difference between this time yesterday and today (today was supposed to be the same)

REAL benefit, not inflated false "benefit" 😉

petalique thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 28 days ago

looking at the temperature reading from my back patio its 103! Hot here in Texas! 🔥🌞

petalique thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • 28 days ago

Petalique, I was on a business trip in Cleveland with my husband years ago, and we went to an MLB game. I’ll never forget how good that ballpark hotdog was. It was the mustard.

petalique thanked roxsol
  • 28 days ago

It rained today, YEA! Of course after I spent an hour yesterday watering everything well (yes, rain was in the forecast, but so many storms had skipped us, plus it wasn't supposed to arrive till afternoon and plants were being scorched in the heat, so I didn't want them to wait another 24 hours).

The storm brought the morning temp, when I checked it at 0730, from 86 down to 74 briefly but its back up to 84 now, 15 min before sunset.

• 28 days ago

We've missed all the rain but apparently after I put all the cushions back on the adirondack chairs ,my watch said' rain coming'. So it's drizzling but brought the temps down to 77 at 10:30.

petalique thanked lily316
  • 28 days ago

Thank goodness the heat has lifted a bit. Yesterday it was forecast to rain all day but we only got one shower last evening but it was a good hard rain, we needed it. I haven't had to mow for a couple of weeks because it's been so hot and dry.

petalique thanked arkansas girl
  • 27 days ago

My car said 102F on the drive home yesterday at 3:00 pm. 82F this morning at 6:00.

• 26 days ago

Meanwhile ... we are being given a yellow heat warning. It could reach 78f here tomorrow!

• 26 days ago

After a one day break in the heat but very strong winds that did some damage, we are back in the soup today.

• 25 days ago

At 5 PM it is 112° here - the same it was at 3 PM, and the A/C is only able to cool the house down to 78°, but at least we have power, unlike one day last week. We have ceiling fans and other fans that help it feel a bit cooler inside.

Pool temperature is 93°, and so it is too hot to go into the pool at the moment. We could go in at night if we wanted, but the water temperature will still be hot.

I have basil and chili plants outside that I have to water two or three times a day now. I also have a jade tree that we brought from L.A. in a planter, and it seems very stressed - I do not think it will survive the summer.