Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janette_willingham

Gallery Wall Help

26 days ago

I'm looking for advice on adding in a few black frames to my current gallery wall (top left image is the current) I think it needs a little more pizzaz? I don't know, it just needs something. I don't think I really have a focal point? The whole gallery wall came about (after years of just looking at the thermostat)

trying to camoflauge the thermostat. I think it turned out great! Anyway, how many black frames should I add in? I think the black will make the pictures pop more. BTW these are all images I have taken, or art I have created. Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry for so many choices! I am way over thinking this, lol.

Comments (13)

• PRO
    26 days ago
    last modified: 26 days ago

Maybe add a few matte gold or silver frames to the mix? Some of the smaller pictures with light frames and white mattes could use a little pop. Also, maybe add one larger piece of art surrounded by all of the smaller pieces.

• 26 days ago

Instead of using black or in combination with black?

• PRO
    26 days ago

In addition to.

• 26 days ago

Oh, OK thank you I do think that’s a great idea. Back to playing on Photoshop!

• PRO
    26 days ago

I would try an edit first. Perhaps take out some of the wonderful small creations to another spot? Then decide..if you want or need black?

and someday

• 26 days ago

Your arrangement looks wonderful. I totally wish I could do that. I have to keep the clock on the wall. No other place to put it and between the lighthouse and Big Sur there’s a thermostat cleverly covered it with a picture and a frame. As for the sofa, I would totally love to get a white sofa, but my husband won’t allow it. He picked out the leather 30+ years ago and I’ve never been able to talk him into anything different.

• 26 days ago

it looks really good, at first I thought all the photos were inspiration. We see a lot of gallery walls here that miss the mark.

• PRO
    26 days ago

Take anything out and add your clock!!!

The only point to mine? Edit down a bit to just a wee less ?

It wasn't intended to be literal, and when there are too many , though I realize it's a "look" .......I think a little less here can be more: )

You may want to show other angles of the entire room?

• 26 days ago

Nice but a little too much ( just my personal preference ). I would remove some of the smaller bits & add one larger piece as sort of a centerpiece. Good luck, looks like you spent quite some time on this.

• 26 days ago

Here’s a visual of Sabrina Alfin Interiors suggestion to place the largest piece in the middle. The second photo illustrates the idea of using your largest round piece in the center.

• 26 days ago

Yes I love that! You see my issue is I have a stupid thermostat right in the middle of the love seat. I could use some help re arranging what I have on the wall to make it look less busy? Gotta work around the thermostat though

• 26 days ago

You could try using these two pieces as your center, with the thermostat between them, though it does look a bit too close to the couch.

• 26 days ago

A friend just replaced our big clunky thermostat with a “Nest” thermostat, very sleek and unobtrusive…. Our house is very modern & she didn’t like the look of our old one. I’m an idiot about such things but she installed it very quickly.