Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marybuild

marybuild
12 years ago
Would you please share the manufacturer and name of stone on this house? Thank you, Mary
Oakton Curb-Appeal · More Info

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Northern Stone Supply, Inc.
    11 years ago
    It's hard to tell without a close-up photo but it looks a lot like Rocky Mountain Granite™ Mosaic Veneer from Northern Stone Supply, Inc.
  • psahota
    11 years ago
    It could also be a granite called Blue Herron!
  • Ollie Winfrey Evinger
    11 years ago
    Greg, in what state are you located? We are building in central Texas and had decided to use a stone color very much like this, but have not located a supplier. Thanks! Ollie
  • Greg Sproles
    11 years ago
    We are located in Virginia. Go online to StoneCenter.biz and you will be able to locate both the 5" and 2" stone. Again, it is called Chocolate Gray, your very welcome.
  • Heidi Dressel
    10 years ago
    Can you tell us How much this cost to re do?
  • cstylists
    10 years ago
    Greg , I live in Ky. and you did a beautiful job on the stone work on this home . Thank you on the info as to where to find the stone . You said the stone came in both 2 a & 5 in. could you tell me what size was used on this home? Marvina
  • cstylists
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Greg , beautiful stone work . I have laid stone in my previous home all around ext.. foundation and two floor to ceiling fireplaces with large hearths. We are getting ready to build again and I want this stone on the ext. just like the picture. Would you please tell me if you used a mortar joint or not its hard to tell in the picture and if you did what color ? I fell like you used a mortar Joint it just does not show in the picture. I really appreciate your time and kindness ................................Sincerely, Cstylists
  • Greg Sproles
    10 years ago
    It is a 2" thin veneer laid with grout joints. Nothing special, just a typical jointed veneer installation
  • cstylists
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Greg thank you so much for being nice enough to answer my question. I really appreciate your time to do so . May I ask just Two more question ? Do you remember what color grout you used in this home ? I love the house and we are getting ready to build and I defiantly want this stone on my new home. Hopefully mine will turn out as beautiful as yours. Do you do the scratch coat over your wire lathe ? When I laid the stone around our foundation , I laid the rock directly over the lathe which had concrete block under it. I put plenty of concrete mix on the rock and worked each piece on to the lathe It would grab the stone fast with spacers in between. We have been here 15yrs. and the rock is tight and no cracking of grout seams. Why is the scratch coat done ? Is it for another moisture barrier ? Would you know where they Purchased the Juliet balcony railing ? I am looking for that type in composite ,