Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dana_beique

Looking for Granite

RickyB
10 years ago
I am looking for a granite that will compliment my flooring choice for my new master bath. The floor is Fantastico Travertine. I would like to paint my cabinets cream with a dark glaze.

Comments (15)

• Ann
    10 years ago
    What about soapstone rather than granite. I think I would choose a charcoal colored countertop with your floor and cabinets. Granite, quartz or a dark quartzite would work too, but I think I'd try to pick something rather plain and charcoal colored. Soapstone would be beautiful.
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    Something like this color.
    [houzz=
    Buttercream galley kitchen · More Info
    ]
  • Cat Rowe
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Wooww! This is gorgeous floor tile. I do not think you should go with a busy granite. I think a cream to off white marble would be best. Let the floor speak
  • PRO
    Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Hi Dana- Pretty material! I'm with Ann on this one. I'd encourage you to resist the temptation to find an equally interesting countertop material. A soft-toned, very softly patterned top will complete a classy ensemble for you.

The soapstone would be good - or an almost solid-color quartz - silestine Amazon Grey, Cambria Dover, perhaps. I, too, like the grey tones for your sink-top. Good Luck! Mark
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Take a sample of floors to the granite store, and pick one. You did a great job on floors trust yourself.
  • Allison .
    10 years ago
    agree: counter would be best as something more solid coloured, like. The floor looks great, and should be the highlight.
  • RickyB
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thx! Very good ideas! I will definitely try to find something more solid. I am going for a sophisticated- rustic. I am also considering painting my walls in Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff with the cabinets Putnam ivory. Here's a sample of the chandelier that I like as well. Any thoughts?
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    10 years ago
    Have you considered quartz for the countertops? I concur with the other posters that you want a simple pattern for the countertop so as not to compete with the beautiful floor tile. Before you get your heart set on the chandelier, check with your electrician to ensure that your fixture of choice and the location of installation will meet code. Many chandeliers you see in bathroom glamor shots are installed after the electrical inspector has left.
  • RickyB
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Melhubba, love the countertop color! Thx!
  • RickyB
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here are two granite choices that I have narrowed it down to. Any thoughts!
  • User
    10 years ago
    Personally I think the dark one is a little too dark/heavy for your cream cabinets and beautiful floor. I think your eye will be drawn to the dark granite (but perhaps that's what you want???). It's hard to tell on the first one...what's the granite called? But from what I can see, I like it better than the dark.
  • RickyB
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Melhubba, The first one is called Taboo. This is the only pic I have. They gave me a sample and I brought it home to lay on the floor. I hear what you are saying about the darker one. I think you have a very good point. I want to have a pleasing flow to the room. I am also leaning toward the lighter one. Thx!
  • dclostboy
    10 years ago
    Have you seen Red Marinace?