Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

Do you decorate the inside of your home for Halloween?

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
We have already asked you if you decorate the outside of your house for Halloween (see discussion linked). But now we want to know, how does the inside of your home look?

Share your photos and let us know what is your favorite indoor Halloween decoration!

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/do-you-decorate-your-yard-for-halloween-dsvw-vd~666985

Comments (25)

• Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Since I'm always in the kitchen, it's no surprise that this is my favorite Halloween addition to my home. ;)
  • Donna Guarino
    10 years ago
    It's the best holiday - all fun and no commitments!!! Yes, I decorate inside and out , but am skipping the inside this year - 1st time in 13 years : ( will catch up next year.
  • Belahn
    10 years ago
    Just the kitchen with seasonal dishes and bowls filled with candy and fall desserts. I have a witch cookie jar, a beautiful bat shaped dish, cauldrons, things like that. Sometimes I put out a few black and orange candles.
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @Belahn: Sounds so festive! Please do post a photo if you have any to share. :)
  • chloebud
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I agree with "all fun and no commitments!" I definitely decorate inside, too. These are a couple witches that end up in various locations around the house at Halloween. These photos are from our previous home. We moved recently and I haven't gotten "the girls" out yet.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked chloebud
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @chloebud: Those witches are so cute! Where did you get them?
  • chloebud
    10 years ago
    Jeannie, I got them at HomeGoods several years ago, along with the two black witches on posts. I especially like the detail on the first witch..outfit, hair, spider hanging from hat and on hands. I like to use curly willow branches a lot at Halloween. I had just started to put some on the mantel in the third photo...kind of fun!
  • debbieafi
    10 years ago
    Lots of pumpkins, with a few spooky details.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked debbieafi
  • Tami Tinajero
    10 years ago
    No, Can't say that I do. I really don't like Halloween at all, but I do decorate for fall, y'all!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @swsunshine: Photos of your fall decor is welcome too! ;)
  • bevgrosse
    10 years ago
    The powder room is my favorite place to add holiday decor. This witch holds towels and accessories.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked bevgrosse
  • chloebud
    10 years ago
    bevgrosse, I love that witch! I'm picky about my pumpkins...gotta have good stems. The lighter one in the photo was homegrown by my sister. I found the small, potted wheat bundles recently...another HomeGoods find.
  • Nicole Lee
    10 years ago
    gotta have lots of orange and lots of pumpkins! everyone has such amazing decorations!
  • wbugler
    10 years ago
    I went a little crazy this year
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked wbugler
  • debnbob
    10 years ago
    We decorate all over the house, bathrooms, kitchen, but mostly the dining room and living room. This year the entrance hall got a a new look.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked debnbob
  • A M
    10 years ago
    We decorate the inside and out in one swoop with window decorations. The kids love rearranging the critters in the windows and they look just as creepy from the outside.
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked A M
  • chloebud
    10 years ago
    Just a general question for anyone who might know. I notice it changes to "Unlike" if I click on "Like" for various posts. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @chloebud: That just means you have the ability to take back your "like" once you've done so. Basically, if you see "Unlike" on a post, that means you have already liked it and the function is working correctly. :)
  • summilux
    10 years ago
    Here is what we have in our living room which is what the trick-or-treaters will see. Wife lets me put up my Halloween in the Castro photo during October (o/w thinks it's too spooky) and the other photo is a Slovakian castle where Nosferatu was filmed. I'm proud to note that a building inspector thought the mask shown was scary ;>)
  • barknwoof
    10 years ago
    My favorite holiday! Candy, costumes, no commitment!
  • bubblyjock
    10 years ago
    No decorating for Hallowe'en, but I just noticed that the little bats on the now-orange Houzz logo flutter around when I scroll over them - very cool!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked bubblyjock
  • PRO
    Just Artifacts
    10 years ago
    Yes, I always decorate inside my home. See the attached pics of my home in Halloween season
  • PRO
    California Fence Company
    8 years ago

One of the biggest holidays for decoration and celebration with your near and dear ones is Halloween. I try to consider all types of arrangements like paper streamers, serving dishes, furniture coverings, etc. Here's a picture of the decorations. Hope you like it.

• brenda999
    6 years ago

Love decorating for Halloween both indoors and out!