Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkins683

Arched Niche

Jenny V
10 years ago
I have this really pretty arched niche in my foyer. Its the first thing you see when walking into my front door. I'm not sure what to put in it. Any suggestions are appreciated thank you!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    BRFHomesTx
    10 years ago
    You could keep the flowers in the vase and maybe add a couple of pictures in wooden frames. It would spruce it up just enough but not overdo it.
  • Jenny V
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I wanted to do something a little different than the flowers.
  • PRO
    Studio41 Home Design Showroom
    10 years ago
    I think you should do what the previous poster said and layer your picture frames! One can be artwork, and the other could be a family photo, that way there is some appealing aspect to them both. And another way to add interest is to make sure they are varying heights/widths. Also a small console table in front of the niche would help anchor the whole area and define it more. Good luck!
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    Lighting and a sculpture would look nice. Bigger than the flowers though.
  • Debp
    10 years ago
    I would try one large vase or object that is tall enough to fill the space. Not necessarily in these colors, but something that compliments your decor. It looks like you have a lovely home.
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Another alternative would be to keep the art inside the niche but on the wall (even 3 dimensional would work) and place a decorative bowl inside to throw your keys in.
  • Jenny V
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I love all of these ideas! Thank you
  • Mark
    10 years ago
  • PRO
    TAYLOR DESIGN CONSULTANTS, inc.
    10 years ago
    I love details like this in a foyer!!! I would like to make a suggestion of some fantastic wallpaper inside the niche!!! I love wallpaper and I think it is making a huge comeback. Something really sharp and different but definitely to compliment your style. Then add a singular gorgeous vase or large plate on easel. Like the subtle lighting idea as well. Good luck! Would love to see the finished result.
    Joann Taylor
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    Think of it as a small mantel. Layer a basket and other interesting objects. You need a tall item to go in the back.
  • Donna Allgaier-Lamberti
    10 years ago
    Great idea above-like a mantle-LOVE that flat basket. I would walk around my house with that niche in mind and "shop my house." I'd look for a piece of artwork, an unusual piece of pottery or a special family piece to work with. Maybe you have a great platter or a pitcher put away in a cupboard that would look beautiful there? Or if you have no items already, go to the Goodwill or Salvation Army with that spot in mind. I bet in no time, you'll find the perfect piece/pieces. Good luck and have fun with it! http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com