Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3designangel444

Capenter an tiler?

3designangel444
10 years ago
How did the wood work and tiling mix which went up first. I wanted to wooden panel y bathroom so much but areas as well (very much discouraged)and now I can with this amazing fusion of materials the tiled parts will be tiled and wooden parts a mixture :) how was the project between trades men order and how to do the wall panelling? One last thing would this work in q larger bathroom?
Powder Room Renewal - · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Design Cube Inc.
    10 years ago
    The millwork was installed first, allowing for 6" inches of tile border, plus 2/8" for grout above and below the tile (1/8" each). A very small bead of acrylic caulk was added to the transition between the tile and the wood to allow for expansion and contraction of the wood. The carpenter and tiler were one and the same.

This approach does work in larger spaces: http://www.houzz.com/projects/324312/Huron-Ave-Bathroom
  • PRO
    Cabinet Wishes
    10 years ago
    What is the brand/model of the wall hung sink?
  • PRO
    Wm. H. Fry Construction Company
    9 years ago

The tag on the photo shows that this IKEA sink has been discontinued.

• kirstyeg
    8 years ago

I thought it was discontinued too, but now all 3 sizes of the Lillangen are available on the Ikea website again.

• Sharon Dendy
    6 years ago

Sink is still available at Ikea. Just purchased one today in Maryland and you can also order for delivery.