Shop Products
lauralena

Granite color with espresso cabinets?

Laura Lena
I was thinking all along of getting Ice White granite countertops (as in photo below) with my espresso cabinets (sample shown below). On Houzz, that seems to be the thing: dark cabinets with light granite. But in the granite yard today, I saw this gorgeous slab of Amadeus (sample shown below), which was so striking, it reminded me of Van Gogh's "Starry Night.." Should I play it safe and do the obvious and stick with Ice White? Or should I be daring and go with the Amadeus?

It's a small galley kitchen. My floor is a reddish oak hardwood (about the same shade as in the pic below). My kitchen walls and ceiling are BM Simply White. If I went with Ice White granite, I'd do a white subway tile backsplash. If I went with the Amadeus, I'd do an ivory one. Opinions? Thanks!

P.S. Do you think the darker granite would be easier to maintain as far as etching and staining, or do you think both colors would be the same? The countertops will be professionally installed and sealed.