Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mhawks

I find the Tiger Skin to be Very Disappointing

I share the sentiments of the informed who have posted here about the endangered tigers. There are fewer than 3,200 left in the wild and less than 1,000 breeding females. My husband and I are involved with the Wildlife Conservation Society's efforts to protect what's left and of course it's disappointing to see this so centrally placed in this beautiful room. It has always been my hope that since the design world loves animal prints so much that top designers and fabric companies could work together to mimi patterns and give proceeds to the conservation of these animals.
-Melissa Hawks, Owner www.wellappointedhouse.com
http://www.wcs.org/tigers/
Traditional Home Office · More Info

Comments (10)

• PRO
    The Well Appointed House
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    mimic patterns and give proceeds...
  • mimi_peace
    10 years ago
    I know it's sad I happen to love tigers also
  • finestmodel
    10 years ago
    Im just glad that I am rich enough to have a similar skin in my home office. of course, my friends are not cry babies like all of you and see the elegance in this throw rug. my first wore out under the traffic of our main room, so I found another and now I use it in my office.
  • PRO
    Rugs Done Right
    10 years ago
    There are many wonderful options available in faux hides and animal skins that give the same look as the animal. Some are shaped like a hide, and some are traditional rectangulars.
    http://search.rugsdoneright.com/animal%20print

The nice thing about a faux rug (besides the obvious), is that the rugs are made in any color imaginable. I have yet to see a blue and creme tiger :)

The wide range in price make this style affordable for everyone.
  • dougowen502
    10 years ago
    This is not your house, nor your money used to build it. The owner has every right to decorate it to their tastes. How do you know this tiger was not shot legally? How do you know that it did not die of old age? You don't. This is not a place to display your personal political feelings.
  • laydz
    10 years ago
    Disgusting!
  • ajtowle
    10 years ago
    And what does your comment have to do with a design critique? Aren't there a million other sites you could express your hyper political comments on?
  • ajtowle
    10 years ago
    ????????? Different from mine, so inconvenient? We are talking design and a possible poor choice, on a design site, and craig... brings in a very pointed political statement with no design context.
  • wormturner
    9 years ago
    Rug is perfect. A real man's room. The most striking design flaw of this depicted space at the time of this comment is that the flatscreen is just too puny! Puny, puny, puny! The television should be re-dimentialized. The bookshelves to the left and to the right of the depicted screen need to go, in order to accommodate the larger width television. The vertical height needs to be altered enough to reflect the new larger screen size and the animal statue should remain above it. I love this room. I also would prefer a REAL fireplace, thank you.