Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
warrenhamrick

Did they get a deal on the design.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The architect must have no experience or the client pushed him into this design.
Flowers Residence · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Minch Construction
    10 years ago
    Dear Mr. Hamrick,

Not sure if you’re aware that we are only the contractor and we construct what architect/owner desires. Upon further review of your company we see that you have been a practicing architect for 30 years, but see that maybe most of your work is centered around low income housing, commercial/industrial type projects and maybe you do not have a lot of experience with residential.

From our prospective I do agree that the range hood is a little daunting but that is what the client wanted.

I believe your criticism is unprofessional, a little harsh and sarcastic comments like yours does not benefit anyone. In our opinion, most of the time there is always legitimate reasons. As you know, the construction industry can be very intricate at times and sometimes one has to be somewhat creative. We believe we should not pass negative judgment without knowing the reason behind certain decisions.

Sincerely Yours,

William Deegan
  • PRO
    Hamrick Associates, Inc.
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mr. Deegan,

You're are correct that I was perhaps a bit harsh. I have seen some very strange desires by clients. This just appears as one of those emails that shows awkward design solutions to unanticipated changes. Like the bathroom door that doesn't clear the toilet.

I do apologize for the criticism. I know there are always two sides.

FYI, I have been doing this for 30+ years with hundreds of homes, both high end and low income. But yes, most of my work centers on commercial projects.

Regards,

Warren Hamrick

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!