newtofurniture

Need help picking Flor tiles for long hallway...

newtofurniture
Need help picking FLOR tiles for a long hallway with a kink in it (see pics) for my new house (I have no furniture so this is a blank slate for me).

The floors are a light douglas fir, walls are white, ceiling is light blue. There are 2 bathroom doors off to oneside (grey concrete looking tiles) and 3 bedrooms off the other side. Kitchen and fixtures are modern.

I was thinking of:
Lacebark (a blueish or greyish stripe) http://www.flor.com/lacebark-jade.html
or
Something Concrete (a textured grey) http://www.flor.com/something-concrete-light-grey.html

Would love advice on which is better: stripes or texture work AND how to use 1.5 FLor tiles wide (hallway is 39-41 inches wide by about 40 feet + kinked area) and if there is anything else I could do with the area of the hallway that expands to 6 feet.

• decoenthusiaste
    That may be a very cold looking hallway with tile. Consider refinishing the floor, and if the stain doesn't cover or come up, add a great runner rug. Might even have some fun with it.
    Bar Chart Bliss Rug · More Info
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    FLOR is a carpet TILE product in many designs and colors. The houzz member is asking for design assistance in laying out a carpet design for an unusual shape hallway.

Newtofurniture. Send me dimensioned floor plan and I will see what I can do next week. Otherwise check your area because, FLOR has some storefront locations now and you can go there in person and they will work on a layout with you.
    newtofurniture thanked Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
  • newtofurniture
    Hey decoenthusiaste. Thanks for chiming in.

The floors are a long story (original douglas fir, actually subfloors but refinished to server as floors, they won't get better than this).

To be clear I am looking at Flor carpet tiles. And like what they have to offer since they have lots of patterns and colors and I am seeking on advice on which patterns to use. I like that Bar Chart Bliss Rug and was thinking along those lines.
  • newtofurniture
    @sieglerdesign I just sent you a message with the dimensions. Thanks! Heading to Flor this weekend but I am looking for some real world examples of Flor carpet tiles in hallways.
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    Not in hallway but, Ashbrook kitchen area has pattern I laid out. go to my professional page here and click on Ashbrook project. Laid out Flor a lot but, not many pictures. Getting mixed feedback from people. So, want to look carefully at user and criteria before specifying these days.
  • jessegee
    I quite the like directional lines / texture of your wood floor, to take me forwards in an odd shaped hallway. Your colours are warming , fresh and light too. If you go for a darker floor, perhaps a warm coloured fine detailed picture on the facing wall end in picture two would add cheer.
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    I assure you that you are in good hands at the FLOR store and do not need my input. FLOR great and good company with top first rate design talent. I would be shocked if your experience is not a good, productive and fun outing!
  • newtofurniture
    Thanks for your help!
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    YOU ARE VERY WELCOME! Write anytime.