Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ankita28

Do house interior trends change every season, or is it every year?

ankita28
10 years ago
I am planning to open up my own home accessories brand. But I am a little skeptical, as to should I design for the spring summer 2013-14 or will it be in trend for the whole coming year 2014.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    Accessories for sure change with the seasons. Just stroll through Crate & Barrel and you will see seasonal changes every 3 months if not more often.
    ankita28 thanked Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 years ago
    They do change often. New items are introduced by vendors at each market. I think how far ahead you plan will depend on how you are going to sell your items - directly to the public or to retailers for resale.

It is a competitive space so you might want to talk to as many people in the business as you can before you get into production.

~Lyvonne
    ankita28 thanked essentials inside
  • PRO
    Artemano
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    like clothing, colors, patterns and textures change every season but you don't have to redo your whole living space to keep it feeling current. switching things like the dining table centrepiece or your duvet cover in the bedroom are small changes that will keep your home fresh and fashionable. :) make sure your main furniture is neutral and versatile and you'll be able to spruce up your home as often as you want for very little money. i would suggest switching the accessories every few months in your shop but I think it's also wise to keep a few main pieces year round that best describe you and your shop's personality. good luck!!
  • auntqueenie
    9 years ago
    Everything changes and eventually comes back, much like fashion trends. From your photo collage it looks like your brand will be in the rustic - country cottage arena. (?) if this is your design style, I would be sure to have some pieces that can blend with a modern traditional look as well. Sometimes people need to keep pieces of furniture or art and are looking for a way to 'upstyle' without replacing those pieces. Maybe something on an eclectic side. I agree with Artemano, have main statement pieces that represent who you are as a designer. Feature new items each month, set a side line of favorite trend design looks that help push that item in sales by showing how one can use it in various ways. ( as a display window, or a website page). Always reflect changing seasons in some way with design pieces made for holidays, color schemes and items of that season. Perhaps 'kick off" a new season with a special priced item(s) for a limited time, for a limited quantity Creating urgency in purchasing in order to get that special price. Anyway, good luck with your business endeavor and remember for every person that doesn't like an item, there is one who will.
Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio